Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stacey Fowler Appreciation Thread
Topic Started: 19 Aug 2016, 13:21 (19,045 Views)
See You Slater
Member Avatar

Seeing as this section was my idea (thanks for taking it on board Ennui!) I thought I'd be the first to set up an appreciation thread for the modern day icon that is Mrs Stacey Fowler!

Climb aboard you Fowl(er) beasts!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sue Osman
Member Avatar

Nice idea for a forum.

I'm enjoying the Slater-Fowler unit at the moment so it's nice timing as well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

See You Slater
Member Avatar

I love how this year Stacey has gone from one extreme to the other. From having a huge, original storyline to opening up salons and doing her laundry.

It might sound odd but I love Stacey more when she doesn't have a big storyline of her own, because I think she works so well in the supporting role. That's why I want the next Fowler storyline to be Martin's.
Posted Image

Jamie Fowler
Member Avatar

Stacey Fowler is one of four characters I am actually invested in at the moment. Future icon in the making, if she's not already there.
Posted Image

See You Slater
Member Avatar

I'd say Stacey is pretty much the only modern day character who is up there with Phil, Ian, Dot and Sharon that are in that group of very unlikely to be axed by any producer. Is she an icon yet? I think she probably is.
Posted Image

Ross
Member Avatar
I'm in the kitchen eating a biscuit
Adore this character. She's had her bad periods, but right now, she's effortlessly wonderful. Her marriage to Martin has done wonders, and I absolutely love her unit. Get Mo in there more often, though!
Massive thanks to NickM for this wonderful signature! :)

Posted Image

The Other Slater Cousin
Member Avatar

I get the same feelings about the NuFowlers as I do about the Platts in that 1995-2001 era. I just want to see them muddling along, talking about tea, and Martin coming in drunk from the pub. All that. They are such beautifully normal characters and relatable characters.

I also think there's something magical about having an actress with talents like Lacey, at the young age she is, being committed to the show. Stacey Fowler, as she is, could be there for decades, and I hope that her worth as a kitchen sink family woman is recognised, because her dramas from now on should stem from their bond as a unit, not through deception.
"I loved it in the Olden Days because you talked more. There’s more action now. You know, we would do scenes in the Rovers of me, Bet and Doris Speed with a cup of coffee each before we opened the pub, talking about absolute rubbish. But it was something, and it was what people do." - Betty Driver

See You Slater
Member Avatar

We're very lucky with Lacey. The fact she's left and had success, but still decided that EastEnders was where she wanted to be is a very positive sign that she's in it for the long haul. I can't see James Bye leaving anytime soon either. From walk on parts in films to playing the son of Pauline and Arthur Fowler who is now married to a modern day icon.

There's not many couples I care about really, but I really hope Stacey and Martin don't split up ever.
Posted Image

eefan86
Default Avatar

I think Stacey may be eventually have a claim to the most iconic character in EastEnders history. Think of all the characters she's had interactions with - Den, Dot, Grant, Kat (obviously), Pat, Pauline, Martin, Peggy, Janine - pretty much all the big guns except Frank, Lou, Arthur and Angie!
Edited by eefan86, 19 Aug 2016, 16:13.

Blokeoptimistic
Member Avatar

Stacey is my favourite character and I have always found that out of all the actresses in EastEnders that Lacey is the one that by far impresses me. I will most likely continue to watch the show as long as she is there no matter how bad it gets.

Angie's Den
Member Avatar

Lacey is so much better at the everyday material this time around.
Posted Image

See You Slater
Member Avatar

Lacey is constantly improving. I'm not going to pretend that when she first stepped foot on the Square she was the greatest actress on earth because she wasn't. Lacey was very good at playing Stacey the slapper but I don't think it was until the bipolar storyline that I really stood up and took notice of her.

I love how Lacey doesn't even bother with the accent anymore.
Edited by See You Slater, 20 Aug 2016, 12:52.
Posted Image

Michelle Fowler,Ice Skater
Member Avatar

I don't like how people still try to undermine Stacey as a character just because of situations such as Archie,she confessed,move on and enjoy how amazing it is to watch Stacey Fowler.

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

Posted Image

See You Slater
Member Avatar

MuteBanana
20 Aug 2016, 13:13
Posted Image
This GIF remains my best contribution to the forum.
Posted Image

The Walford Wonder
Member Avatar
My son is in the kitchen eating a biscuit.
Such an amazing character
Posted Image

Jamie Fowler
Member Avatar

Where, pray tell, is that gif even from?
Posted Image

See You Slater
Member Avatar

Mitchells 42
20 Aug 2016, 22:53
Where, pray tell, is that gif even from?
Strictly Come Dancing last series. ;)
Posted Image

Slater11
Member Avatar

I took a liking to Stacey when she first appeared despite the rowdy nature of the character back then and Lacey Turner was only just starting out, so the acting wasn't perfect back then but wow at the modern icon of Stacey Fowler has become. Her links to the Slaters and Brannings obviously through her family/marriage to her beloved Bradley strengthen at her claim to be one of the best characters of this side of the millennium and also due to the fact that Lacey Turner's acting become more brilliant in every year she was in the show and was so popular and I love she is so shy and nothing like her marmite, divisive but highly watchable character whatever her actions.

I like that they are giving Stacey more every day stuff this team and actually showing her being happy! I hope they continue Stacey's friendship with Max when he returns as those two characters work so well together, but Stacey/Martin has worked now finally and Lacey/James have natural on screen chemistry now they have been allowed to develop their characters.

I look forward to what SOC has planned for the character and hope he is a big fan of her/Lacey!

McFudd
Member Avatar

I really didn't like Stacey last year but this year, I warmed to her and I really like her now. She has been nicey-nicey for ages + I hope she has another dramatic storyline soon!
Edited by McFudd, 20 Aug 2016, 23:37.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · EastEnders Fan Clubs · Next Topic »
Add Reply