Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ShakilsManBun's EastEnders
Topic Started: 7 Jun 2017, 15:48 (8,661 Views)
ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Let old acquaintance be forgot...

This new Year looks set to be one Walford will not forget in a hurry, as Eastenders new Boss Rick has outlined his plans to shake up Eastenders.

It's time to wipe the slate clean ..... and yes, their is a little clue in there for viewers about my future plans.

As sad as it is to loose old favorites I think the show needs freshening up, both behind the scenes with old and new writers, and in front of the cameras with an array of new characters being injected into the dramas and some faces from the show's past.

To loose a few characters is one thing, but I made the brave decision on my first day to axe a few faces who have been the center of things for a few years now. The Brannings are due a explosive and very very dramatic swansong. Whilst I can't tell you too much, I can say we have just filmed some very emotional funeral scenes on location.

Whilst we are losing The Branning family we are welcoming more of Masood Ahmed's clan when his Auntie and Uncle arrive to set up a foster home. I want this to open up a little corner of the square to a few fresh faces and interesting dynamics will come out of this new set up. I think viewers will enjoy what I am doing here. One of the first new faces we will meet will be Clint, who is a free spirited young lad who strikes up a great friendship with Keegan and may also catch the eye of a certain Butcher. I like Clint as he has a story to tell, and he's not just a box ticking exercise which some soaps have done before now. I see his introduction as a step forward, we have never had an A sexual character on the soap before and his feelings towards sex may cause big curve balls to arise. I want to explore this issue of labeling yourself. Why do we seem so quick to do it? Using Characters like Clint and Keanu I plan to tackle a few stories that I hope younger viewers will get.

[edit_reason]continued[/edit_reason]
Edited by ShakilsManBun, 1 Dec 2017, 13:56.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by ShakilsManBun, 1 Dec 2017, 13:58.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Week 1 Spoilers.

A new year dawns on the troubled, the righteous and the damaged. Cracks begin to show in one family's structure as a tragic turn of events brings the community together.

Edited by ShakilsManBun, 1 Dec 2017, 14:01.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

EXCLUSIVE!

Eastenders New EP has announced another returnee as Jamie Lomas is heading back to Walford.

Speaking to us today Rick said " Jake Stone has some unfinished business in Walford. His marriage is over, he has stopped drinking and is doing OK for himself. Now is the right time for his return. The first port of call for him will off course be the Beale house and given what's to come at New Year their will be more in store for him. Will it push him back off the wagon? We shall see. He will strike up a good friend ship with Vincent. Watch out for these two in January, their are some BIG things to come for them both. I loved Jamie's work on the show before and could not wait for him to leave the jungle and head home to Walford.
Edited by ShakilsManBun, 1 Dec 2017, 14:07.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Edited by ShakilsManBun, 1 Dec 2017, 14:12.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

New Character Alert!! *Contains Spoilers.

Eastenders fans are in for a treat in early February when two new faces arrive in Walford.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

EXCLUSIVE!

Today we were at a press event where the new producer of Eastenders promised us "A year of old school Eastenders"

He admitted that the show hasn't been left in a great shape but told us that he planned to wipe the slate clean and give the show a new lease of life.

"I love the show, I think it deserves to be back on top once again. Everyone knows Kat, Phil, Dot, Kathy, Sonya .... I could list all the cast to be honest. The characters I plan to introduce I think will become as well loved as legends like Ian and Phil.

So who can we expect to see get big stories in 2018?

"Walford is a thriving community, and I plan to show this off... Everyone will get a big story, from little Janet Mitchell, to Dot and The Ahmeds. I have a huge, life changing story for Shakil. A clever story for Jay and Billy. February will see a changing of the guard in one business, leading to new dynamics and by the summer we will see an old business back in the mix. I am loving playing around with new and old and seeing who works well with who. You get to see characters like Phil and Sharon change a little over the next few months. I love Sharon as a character but she has become too soft. I want to see her become the feisty girl we met when she used to take Roly for a walk in the early days. I think 's being married to a Mitchell, although It is everything she ever wanted will throw up a few spanners this year.

You have lost a few younger characters lately, will we see some hot replacements?

" You will see a few younger characters yes, not sure I want to class them as "hot". I am doing a male eating disorder story line in April which is new ground for the show but is an issue I think needs to be done justice. When I create new young characters I don't think about how popular they will be with the opposite sex, I think that who they sleep with eventually is upto them, I don't want to "label" a character , so to say "Ah Donna is disabled so let's not throw love interest after love interest at her cos in real life it just wouldn't happen", or " Great, so I now have Dwight but is he Gay, straight, confused'? Which is it to be?...." I did consider that The Ahmeds could have issues with a gay foster kid, but then If you think about Syed, a great past character you think about the whole family and their reactions/ feelings towards such things. I think Dwight's future looks interesting and is testing the waters which I like.

Any little spoilers you can tell us?

"Well, watch out for Mel, she is a great character and her return is pure gold! We get to see that she means business and that she has a place in today's Albert Square. We will also see a few locals fall under the spell of new Doc on the scene. Sam is a bit of a flirt, he is fun, clever and has a bright future at the hospital. Mixing him into the share house has been great. I hope we will see a few new friendship groups forming in the early part of the year. Some will last, others sadly won't.. but that is life.

I think we needed a re-think of Ian Beale. He hasn't had it easy, the Lucy stuff is still there, but at the beginning of the year we see a very lonely Ian. But not for long, I want his home to be full again, and the wheels are in motion for this as we speak. We saw Bobby appear via Max's phone ... and yes, He will return ... older and hopefully won't be going near any more hockey sticks.

Their's a BIG wedding, a car crash that leaves life dangling , Lady Di finds love, The last person you would expect turns to drugs, Jake Stone becomes the one to watch in Spring and one resident comes face to face with the past. Trust me, 2018 will be on fire!

Stan
Member Avatar

Some really nice plans in place there. Look forward to seeing them develop!
Posted Image

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Casting news.

Eastenders have cast a new addition to the square who will arrive with their Auntie Kat, Jean and Big Mo in the Spring .

Scott or Scottie as he likes to be known has more street sence than most lads his age. He is never seen without his beloved baseball cap and will lock horns from day one with Hunter Owen. Kat is his favourite aunt but can she keep him out of trouble and how will the square react when a few home truths about the past come out?

[edit_reason]Spelling [/edit_reason]
Edited by ShakilsManBun, 22 Dec 2017, 13:23.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Detailed Spoilers.

WEEK ONE -

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Detailed Spoilers.

WEEK TWO.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Part two of our exclusive chat with the new producer of Eastenders.

So, you've brought back a few old faces? What can we expect from them?

Yes, and I am excited by those coming back in the next few months. The show has so many great past characters that could return, so it has been very exciting to ask back actors and actresses for a stint of a few episodes, or a longer stay for some past legends.

You will see a different Mel Owen return, she is an important character in some big stories in the first part of the year. I wanted her to bring something extra to Walford, and I am not just on about Hunter, her son. He will of-course cause problems, and hearts to break as he settles into Walford High. I think Mel and Hunter's journey is just a small part of their story and one I am hoping the viewers will love!

With The Slaters, well, Hollyoaks is a favorite of mine and I just love The MqQueens. So in bringing back Kat, Jean and Big Mo Harris, I am hoping to flesh out the clan a bit as they were an important family once and have kind of been neglected. The arrival of Scottie will freshen things up a lot as he is a real rough diamond. He hasn't had the best up-bringing, he can't read which is something we will look at in the coming months. We will also see that he keeps disappearing to a rough council estate, leading Kat to worry that he is on drugs but the truth is a bit more shocking! I think we will see a bit of a real change in direction for Whitney when she meets a decent man. She has been unlucky in love recently, but maybe, just maybe she has been looking in the wrong place as this new love is right in front of her face. She is taking a risk but it will pay off as I believe all she needed was to get away from The Carter's and the pub (which she does) and start afresh. My outlook on the whole show is kinda white washing out the last year and starting again.

Does the redevelopment happen?

Haha, well, funny thing is Walford changes but not due to Weyland. They are a thing of the past. The show has always had a few core meeting places where characters gel, like the Vic, The Minute mart. We won't loose that ... what we may do is gain a few new streets as I am looking into growing Walford and introducing viewers to Edward Street which runs at the back of where McClunkeys is now. I also like the idea of Masood getting back the Argi Barji, and it re-opening. We see the gym re-used in the early months when Vincent buys it, and this will give Keanu a job which will lead to a new story for him. Where you work is important, it brings you new friends, so we will see new work mates develop which is something I wanted to see. Walford Hospital gets a new Doc, and we may see a new teacher at Walford High as part of Shakil's big storyline.

Will the Carters loose The Vic? and If so, what is next for them?

The Carters are splitting up, I can tell you that! It's an exciting time for the family as they've got to adapt to a few big changes in their life. I don't want to dwell on that too much as the family have been central to a lot of stories and I like to share the drama around. Mick will have to be a rock to Woody when he returns, whilst there may be new love for Tina (and yes, it is female.)

On that note, the show's lost a lot of it's LGBT characters, is sexuality not important on the show now then?

I looked at every character when I first took the job, and quickly introduced a gay male character. I think sexuality is very important, especially in a changing world. This is 2018, we need characters like Dot and Ted talking about their views on Tina shaking up with a girl. We want Masood to accept Dwight for who he is. It's not going to be a *thing* to brush under the carpet, this is London, and LGBT people are important. The show's made mistakes in the past with such minority characters and I hope we get it right.

Any other little stories you can tell us about?

Hmmm... well, Mo Harris has a bit of a romance lined up when she meets up with Ted Murray, who it seem's she used to know in her youth. Is the spark still their? and If it is will they act on it? I like Ted, I feel he's a rounded old character and love his new friendship with Martin Fowler. This was an easy one, as both go to the allotment, it's a meeting place. I also have plans for Louise Mitchell that don't involve her sleeping around. She will find a new challenge when she starts working for Mel Owen. It's a very interesting story, as we still have the uneasy rivals in Mel and Phil.... they play nice but underneath It's still bitterness. Dwight will have a great story too when he gets a crush on another resident. It's hard being young, even harder when you fall for the wrong person. This story leads into another story, a big story which, when it explodes will provide some heart stopping TV !!

Part three of our interview coming soon!

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

SPOILER ALERT!

He's back

Edited by ShakilsManBun, 2 Jan 2018, 11:17.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Week Three

Spoilers

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

BIG CASTING NEWS COMING LATER FOLKS!!!!

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

EXCLUSIVE SOAP NEWS!

Eastenders Brings back Jake Stone (Jamie Lomas) in a few weeks. His character was last seen in the flashback episode , and was one of the suspects in the Who Killed Lucy Beale ? storyline. Bosses plan big things for him this time, and guess what, He will be taking over local nightspot R&R, and we have just heard that the shows bosses are bringing his family to further the drama.

Kazia Pelka has been cast as his Mother, Stella. She is described as a survivor. She knows her kids are troubled and blames the death of their Father for that. She owns a florist business and has an eye for younger men so watch out Walford. Her first scenes see her arrested by the police so is the square ready for her?

Danny Mac has been cast as Jake's Brother, Aaron. His life has been turned upside down and we first meet him when Jake visits him in prison. What he is inside for is a key to his first big story. He is a very different young man than the lad who was sent to prison and Jake promises to look out for him.

Ken Farrington has been cast as Stella's Dad, David. He lands the managers job at the betting shop and is a happy go lucky man, who is soon flirting with Dot Branning.

Chloe Howman has been cast as Jake's sister, Cassie who is a wild child, She dropped out of Uni to travel the world but came home after her Dad died. She can be a bitch but also harbours a secret, and when news rocks the family that Aaron is due to be released she seems to take the news harder than most...

What secrets lie in the Stone's past? Will Walford Life be shattered? and will Jake stay sober? or is this a battle he has already lost?

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

COMING UP :

Number 23 is to get a new resident soon!

Jack's about to get a new lover..... what will it mean for Ingrid?

A game of strip poker leads to two romances on Valentines Day.

Cracks begin to show for one couple ....

Dave causes an allergic reaction which leads to a hospital dash.

Who has a shock when they land themselves a job in Dubai?

One resident breaks a promise to their kids.

Keegan takes on a dangerous job offer....

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Week 4

Spoilers **

Tiffany eyes up a new job and also makes a new enemy.

Mel's invited to Ian's but she has a shock visitor.

Johnny meets up with a friendly face who has an offer for him.

Jay takes charge of things .

The square says goodbye to one of their own as the Brannings bury Abi.

Tanya delivers a bombshell after the funeral...and Lauren sees a face from the past...

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

DS SOAP EXCLUSIVE:

DEAD ENDERS?

News is just reaching us here at Digital Spy that the new producer of Eastenders has axed thirteen of it's cast in a move that will be sure to shock viewers. We asked the makers of the popular soap to comment further but as yet no one has come back to us, all we know is cast members have been called one by one to a top secret story conference where the new Producer laid down future plans for the show, which will include a blockbuster of a stunt in the Summer . "We are planning something HUGE for July" the producer said in a recent interview, "It's so big, and we hope will be something no viewer will want to miss. It will show off our cast amazingly but as with any soap stunt, their may be fatalities. This is not just a stunt, it's a human story, we want people to talk about this to their work mates, families, people om the tube... I expect a lot of people will be affected by what we do... "

LesleyJane
Member Avatar

I'm loving reading your work so far ShakilsManBun. Can't wait for more :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fan Fiction · Next Topic »
Add Reply