Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Old Episodes; They seem to cease to exist!
Topic Started: 29 Sep 2017, 14:54 (2,737 Views)
_abbey
Default Avatar

Does anyone know of a way to watch past episodes of the show? They seem to be available nowhere online and I’d love to rewatch. Specifically I’m after episodes from around 2010, maybe there’s a way I’m completely unaware of? Thanks in advance!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lulu
Member Avatar

They do exist, if you can get a invite to the private torrent sites, I won't put them on here just encase its not allowed.

Sarah Hills
Member Avatar

There is also this option if you are willing to spend some money for it.

https://www.ioffer.com/c/Movies-Television-70000/eastenders+
Edited by Sarah Hills, 29 Sep 2017, 17:25.

_abbey
Default Avatar

Sarah Hills
29 Sep 2017, 17:23
There is also this option if you are willing to spend some money for it.

https://www.ioffer.com/c/Movies-Television-70000/eastenders+
Thank you for this! £37! :O I think I’ll use this as a last resort, much appreciated though.

Kargo
Member Avatar

My interest in the early era of EE has resurfaced and I am trying desperately hard to hunt down the years 1986 - 1994. I'm aware of one private torrent site that has them but its a painfully slow process in trying to download and collate them, let alone the overall size of the files. I was sad to see that iOffer is now also removing any EastEnders content for sale (despite Corrie & Emmerdale still being available on there!)

It seems the BBC are doing anything in their power to wipe any trace of the older years. In 2013, they uploaded the entire first year on the EastEnders YouTube channel, completely out of the blue. Going back there now and surprise surprise, they have all been removed as have episodes uploaded by other users. You can find the odd few still on there but its not practical if you wish to follow the show in sequence.

I'm hoping the BBC's motives are gearing up for some kind of on-demand delivery of the episodes, but that would be a mammoth job and something I don't think is available with any other soap, anywhere.

Is there another website like iOffer which has the DVDs available? I'd appreciate anything!

Edited by Kargo, 8 Oct 2017, 16:29.

Sarah Hills
Member Avatar

Kargo
8 Oct 2017, 16:29
In 2013, they uploaded the entire first year on the EastEnders YouTube channel, completely out of the blue. Going back there now and surprise surprise, they have all been removed as have episodes uploaded by other users.
I might be wrong but i think they only uploaded up until episode 68 so not the full year, but yes it was a shame they took them down and i wish i understood why they did.

Lulu
Member Avatar

I've posted requested vintage episodes on ds and I've got a private fb group for ee episodes, currently doing 1985 as it happens, you only other option if you don't want to fork out is the private torrent sites.

Kelly Minige
Member Avatar

I've recently purchased 1985 & 1986 on iOffer, but noone has 1987 - 1993.

Do you need an invite to the private torrent sites? Is it possible to PM the link to it?

Thanks

Lulu
Member Avatar

Kelly Minige
8 Oct 2017, 20:51

Do you need an invite to the private torrent sites? Is it possible to PM the link to it?

Thanks
Unfortunately you do, I don't have any invites myself but I think there sites you can ask to see if anyone does.

_abbey
Default Avatar

Kargo
8 Oct 2017, 16:29
I'm hoping the BBC's motives are gearing up for some kind of on-demand delivery of the episodes, but that would be a mammoth job and something I don't think is available with any other soap, anywhere.

I recently contacted the BBC and queried about them uploading some form of an archive, they were appreciative and said they’d pass on the idea, if that’s any help. It would be a massive job, but not impossible and it would definitely be enjoyed
Edited by _abbey, 12 Oct 2017, 19:01.

Kargo
Member Avatar

Lulu
8 Oct 2017, 21:40
Kelly Minige
8 Oct 2017, 20:51

Thanks
Unfortunately you do, I don't have any invites myself but I think there sites you can ask to see if anyone does.
I have a few invites to the torrent site in question which has the classic episodes. Downloading 1986 now, I've flown through 85!

ThatGingerGuy
Member Avatar

Also wish I had access to more classic EE, such a shame BBC Store is closing as I had a few episodes on there. Just watched the Christmas episodes of 2002 with Jamie's death: left me in bits. Such a clever, nuanced piece of drama- a world away from what is mainly on our screen now.
So if anyone knows how, or has these 'invites' it would be much appreciated.

spm
Default Avatar

I would absolutely love to watch every year from 1985 to 1999 again.

That's the EastEnders I truly loved. The last 17 years I have liked but not loved. Maybe its the fact those episodes aired in a pre internet world and so I got more invested in them live I don't know.

EastendersAlways
Member Avatar

Does anyone know how to get the invites to the torrent site? Please

Kargo
Member Avatar

I'd like to retract the claim I made in my previous post. Whilst I did have some invites on the torrent site in question, I've just found out that they are unable to be used as the site wants to remain truly protected from the big guns.

I have a lot of years downloaded though so more than happy to put the files onto discs/USB if anyone is desperate.

EastendersAlways
Member Avatar

Kargo
28 Oct 2017, 00:23
I'd like to retract the claim I made in my previous post. Whilst I did have some invites on the torrent site in question, I've just found out that they are unable to be used as the site wants to remain truly protected from the big guns.

I have a lot of years downloaded though so more than happy to put the files onto discs/USB if anyone is desperate.
would you mind putting them on to a usb or discs for me?

Ingrid S
Member Avatar

I wish they'd start showing old episodes on UK Gold again! I used to love watching them whilst getting ready for school!

den watts
Member Avatar

Kargo

I sent you a PM. Please can you respond when you get chance.

Cheers

Sarah Hills
Member Avatar

Derek H
28 Oct 2017, 21:46
I wish they'd start showing old episodes on UK Gold again! I used to love watching them whilst getting ready for school!
Gold is just the Only Fools and Horses channel these days.

stuleem
Default Avatar

EastendersAlways
28 Oct 2017, 17:36
Kargo

would you mind putting them on to a usb or discs for me?
Hi Kargo i am after 1986 onwards.if i send you a 64gb Usb would you mind filling it up?please message me if you can?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · EastEnders Past · Next Topic »
Add Reply