Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The SOC Era Character Rate: The Results
Topic Started: 1 Oct 2017, 00:05 (73,632 Views)
See You Slater
Member Avatar

Three weeks of voting. 72 characters. One inept producers. One host. 35 lovely voters. A big thank you to...

See You Slater
Shut It Tariq
Travis Fan 12
Tom
Jamie Fowler*
Sarah Hills
Jill-Sandwhich*
United11
Cam*
The Discarded Avacado
Amber
Planck*
Leon
Blokeoptimistic*
Derek H
James-Slayer
BrightEyes
Kevin's American Cousin
PrincessSharon
Zachary*
Angie's Den
MrJames*
Watts going on?*
Shamelessness*
Kelly Minige
McFudd
Daniel68*
TellyAddict
Get Outta My Pub*
JRT
PaulineFowler
The Local Butcher*
Sue Osman
Danny Mitchell
Stan*

Without your scores this would never have been able to happen, so thanks to everyone who took part/submitted commentary.

It's time to get on with the results!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

See You Slater
Member Avatar

RESERVED FOR RESULTS COUNTDOWN.

=72. Alexandra D'Costa = 0.57
=72. Madison Drake = 0.57
70. Kyle Slater = 1.43
69. Preston Cooper = 1.66
68. Robbie Jackson = 1.86
67. Tom Bailey = 2.06
=66. Joyce Murray = 2.3
=66. Ted Murrary = 2.3
64. Johnny Carter = 2.51
63. Emerald Fox = 2.88
62. Gethin Pryce = 2.88
61. Mick Carter = 2.91
60. Lauren Branning =2.94
59. Claudette Hubbard = 3.00
58. Jorgen Christensen = 3.11
57. Travis Law Hughes = 3.26
56. Phil Mitchell = 3.57
55. Ian Beale = 3.63
54. Bernadette Taylor = 3.66
53. Libby Fox = 3.69
52. Ingrid Solberg = 3.89
51. Josh Hemmings = 3.94
50. Babe Smith = 3.97
49. Keegan Baker = 4.14
48. Sonia Fowler = 4.2
47. Michelle Fowler = 4.23
46. Ronnie Mitchell = 4.26
45. Jack Branning = 4.54
44. Konrad Topolski = 4.69
43. Carmel Kazemi= 4.71
42. Kim Fox Hubbard = 4.74
41. Bex Fowler = 4.89
40. Derek Harkinson = 4.91
39. Louise Mitchell = 4.94
38. Masood Ahmed = 5.03
37. Vincent Hubbard = 5.05
36. Abi Branning = 5.08
35. Buster Briggs = 5.11
34. Karen Taylor = 5.14
33. Dot Branning = 5.23
32. Fi Browning = 5.34
31. Max Branning = 5.37
30. Ben Mitchell = 5.4
29. Jane Macbeth = 5.54
28. Charlie Cotton = 5.71
27. Sylvie Carter = 5.74
26. Shakil Kazemi = 5.77
Edited by See You Slater, 9 Oct 2017, 14:29.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

The worst characters in the show under Sean O'Connor...

Coming in JOINT 72ND PLACE....

=72. ALEXANDRA D'COSTA AND MADISON DRAKE
Posted Image

Average: 0.57

Alex's Highest Score: 5 (x2: Shut It Tariq, Watts going on?
Alex's Lowest Score: -1 (x4: See You Slater, Derek H, BrightEyes, Kevin's American Cousin)

Commentary
Jamie Fowler – Still not sure which one she is.
See You Slater – I always found her the more despicable of the two. The characters were written like characters from a Catherine Tate sketch and it would usually be Alexandra who started off being mean and then Madison would just add an “innit though”. Cringe.
Cam – Which one is she?
Planck – Uch.
Blokeoptimistic – Lasted six months too long.
Zachary – Do I even have to say?
Shamelessness - The storyline could have worked if the bullies were played by people who could act, and written by writers who knew how London teens speak.
Daniel68 - Far better acted than Madison, but still the character was so vile that I won't remember her positively. How she and Madison made so many appearances I'll never know.
The Local Butcher - Gets a single point for showing that girls can be awful to other girls and that it's not always/just bad men who hurt women.
Stan - THANK GOD THING 1 & 2 ARE OFF OUR SCREENS. I think she was a little better than Madison, but still utterly rubbish. Goodbye!

Madison's Highest Score: 5 (x1: Watts going on?)
Madison's Lowest Score: 0 (x25: Jamie Fowler, Sarah Hills, Jill-Sandwich, Cam, The Discarded Avacado, Amber, Leon, Blokeoptimistic, Derek H, James-Slayer, BrightEyes, Kevin's American Cousin, PrincessSharon, Zachary, Angie's Den, MrJames, Shamelessness, Kelly Minige, McFudd, Daniel68, TellyAddict, Get Outta My Pub, PaulineFowler, Sue Osman, Stan)

Commentary
Jamie Fowler – Still not sure which one she is.
See You Slater – Terrible actress but I found her slightly more bearable than Alex, probably due to the BBC refusing to make a black person totally evil.
Cam – Which one is she?
Planck – Uch.
Blokeoptimistic – Lasted six months too long.
Zachary – No.
Shamelessness - I have written before how they chickened out of making Madison as evil as Alex because of her race. That's the only interesting thing I can think to write about her.
Daniel68 - Horrendous. Not even vaguely well acted and as there was no exploration into why she was the way she was, I never was invested. Another one I'll always associate with the worst ever era.
The Local Butcher - Gets a single point for showing that girls can be awful to other girls and that it's not always/just bad men who hurt women.
Stan - THANK GOD THING 1 & 2 ARE OFF OUR SCREENS. Worse than Alex, just. Eurgh. Good riddance to the both of them.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

It's quite fitting they went out together, if I do say so myself. Fun fact: These two were always at the bottom two of the vote.

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

Aw #TOGETHER4EVER Shame THEY couldn't have drowned in a pool together instead of R&R.

Dammit I wish I added commentary now.
Edited by VinegarLips, 1 Oct 2017, 00:24.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

I still can't believe that after months of dominating the screentime they got their comeuppance off screen.

I'm going to boot someone else out now, because I can. Give me a minute.

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

See You Slater
1 Oct 2017, 00:26
I still can't believe that after months of dominating the screentime they got their comeuppance off screen.

I'm going to boot someone else out now, because I can. Give me a minute.
Massively deflating, yes. But SOC was never one for showing, was he?

Angie's Den
Member Avatar

Alexandra D’Costa and Madison Drake – Not only the absolute worst characters of the “dark age” known as Sean O’Connor’s era, these two gobshites are potentially the worst EastEnders characters of all-time. It’s a stretch to even call them “characters”, they were simply plot devices that existed to be vile. It says a lot for their lack of characterisation that people on the forum and presumably the general public are still unable to differentiate between them. I’m sure these two are rotting together on the “never going to be seen, mentioned or heard from again” junkpile.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

Coming in 70th place, just missing out on the bottom spot thanks to Thing 1 and Thing 2 is...

*tumbleweed*

70. Kyle Slater

Posted Image

Average: 1.43

Highest Score: 6 (x1: Watts going on?)
Lowest Score: 0 (x14: See You Slater, Jamie Fowler, Jill-Sandwich, Leon, Blokeoptimistic, Derek H, BrightEyes, Zachary, Angie's Den, Kelly Minige, McFudd, Get Outta My Pub, PaulineFowler, Stan)

Commentary
Jamie Fowler
– Duck Lasagne.
See You Slater – He had ONE decent episode in the entire of his time on the show. He was utterly pointless and I’m embarrassed that someone thought he was a good idea.
Cam - Still laugh my ass off that KYLE was the 18 month key secret of Icon Stacey Slater. Oh dear.
Planck – So unbelievably bland.
Blokeoptimistic - Took blandness to a whole new level.
Zachary – No thank you.
Shamelessness - Along with Babe and Claudette, another good axing decision by SOC. The fact he was brought in to tick a box and then they made a point of making him so dull and ordinary, coupled with the actor's obvious lack of talent, meant that the character was not worthy. I wouldn't be against a recast in the future and I'd like to meet Stacey's sisters at some point, but I'm glad boring Kyle got axed.
Daniel68 - I wouldn't have even said he appeared under SOC if I was pressed for an answer. I would've guessed he left maybe May 2016, turns out he was in it til late November. Some of his scenes with Steven were good I think? Hence the one, rather than zero.
Get Outta My Pub - That whole secret key storyline for THIS?!
The Local Butcher – Meh.
Stan - Who? Oh yeah, Stacey’s brother. Dull. Dull. Dull.

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

This plank of wood was not worthy of Stacey Fowler's heritage. I'm surprised he was THIS low but I'm not surprised nobody cared about him.

Daniel68
Member Avatar

I feel like it's going to be a while before any good characters start coming in...

Angie's Den
Member Avatar

Kyle Slater - Kyle was the perfect antidote to the "screaming" Slaters. However, unfortunately for Kyle I prefer my Slaters like I like my curries: fiery and with plenty of substance. He was dull. He was inoffensive to such an extreme that it was almost offensive, mainly as the production team were too scared to characterise him as being anything other than beige so that they could show positive representation of the transgender community. His best episode was with Denise Welch and it was Alison Slater I wanted to see more of afterwards, rather than Kyle.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

Daniel68
1 Oct 2017, 00:49
I feel like it's going to be a while before any good characters start coming in...
I'm going to power my way through the first few eliminations because there's still so many characters who are totally dull it hardly makes for a riveting rate when it's obvious they'll be going sooner rather than later. :D

Daniel68
Member Avatar

See You Slater
1 Oct 2017, 00:51
Daniel68
1 Oct 2017, 00:49
I'm going to power my way through the first few eliminations because there's still so many characters who are totally dull it hardly makes for a riveting rate when it's obvious they'll be going sooner rather than later. :D
I'm up at 6am but I'm not going to bed because this excited me too much!

EastEndlad
Member Avatar

I bet Michelle won’t be far behind
Edited by EastEndlad, 1 Oct 2017, 01:06.

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

delete
Edited by VinegarLips, 8 Oct 2017, 19:31.

Sue Osman
Member Avatar

Who 1 and Who 2. How I'll always remember them. I think they actually were an attempt at social commentary for today, which says a lot about how some in touch some in media are...or not. I will mostly remember them for Madison wearing kooky sunglasses on her head and Jay hitting on her, for that bizarre Linzi/Star return which told us Jay is fated to hit on underage girls for all eternity, I guess.

A few days ago I was trying to remember if anyone ever on EE had been named Kyle and I finally remembered him. Beyond that my main memory is him being the valet for the Slater home (that always made me laugh) and that bizarre episode where he started shaking Andy's ladder (and not in the fun way). The late DTC era was some weird shit.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

It's hard to predict who could be next. There are so many dull or useless characters SOC wasted time on.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

Thank you for your extra comments everyone! Today's annihilation will begin shortly.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

In 69th place...

OOH CHEEKY! Stop giggling at the back.

69. PRESTON COOPER
Posted Image

Average:1.66

Highest Score: 10 (x1, PaulineFowler) (I doubt the real Pauline would have been so generous)
Lowest Score: -1 (x3, Kelly Minige, JRT, Stan)

Commentary
Jamie Fowler - Shitty character, shitty person, shitty actor, perfect hair
Jill-Sandwich – Who?
See You Slater – To say he was supposed to be the victim I found him incredibly disturbing and wanted to punch him most of the time. The misogynistic way the women surrounding him were written was appalling.
Cam – 1 point for being hot.
Blokeoptimistic - I didn’t think he was that bad to be honest. I thought the actor was decent enough.
Zachary – Who?
Shamelessness - The storyline was horrible, made even cheaper when he slept with Bex, and the casting of a 23 year old man as a 16 year old boy was a poor decision. At least they got him to attempt the accent though, which is more than could be said about Mark Jr.
Daniel68 - For me, I'll always remember Preston/Michelle as the ultimate worst point of EastEnders. It was painful to watch and I definitely had a few weeks off at that point. Badly acted and barely believable, I hope we never see or hear of Preston again.
The Local Butcher - Worst storyline ever.
Stan - My -1 goes to this mess of a character. I don’t even have the patience to go into why I hate this character and the mess he turned Michelle into. Why did you do SOC? Why?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · EastEnders Current & Future · Next Topic »
Add Reply