Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cast cards
Topic Started: 3 Oct 2017, 16:44 (7,233 Views)
ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

I collect cast cards, started off just collecting from the soap's I watched at the time, then decided to write to a few other celebs. I don't know why but lately the replies have been slowing down.

The reasons for this could be :

Some stars don't like signing/replying to letters, which is totally understandable. I don't get agro like some people seem to do on DS.

Coronation Street send out Pre printed cards, in fact my collection is bumped up a lot by this service and I thank them for it, Emmerdale do the same. EE used to send out blank cards but this service was stopped sometime last year which is a shame. Hollyoaks also don't seem to reply to my requests fro blank cards but that may just be me being unlucky as I've seen whole sets on Ebay for sale.

It is a shame when you collect cards and one or two character cards are missing, and the stars don't reply and you can;t get it from the studio but I guess that's how it goes. I have two nearly full sets of Emmerdale cards that are un-signed as I never get to the studio now-a days even though I live in Leeds ... I used to go stand outside to meet the cast but I felt a bit like a stalker lol so stopped. It's a shame when I look now at the blank cards though and wish I had some of them signed by past stars and sadly, stars that are no longer with us.

Anyone else collect cards? How do you manage on getting replys and have you found problems with the TV company's?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nick
Member Avatar

I agree with you, I think it's a shame that EastEnders do not send out the unsigned cast cards anymore. If you would like a cast card of a character from the show then you need to write to the actor for a signed one, and not all actors reply!

I have been collecting the cast cards for a while now, I try and collect all the cast cards signed but if I cannot get a signed one then I'd rather have an unsigned one than none at all. It has been a long time since I have posted my collection anywhere and I have a thread on here, so I may get round to updating that at some point with all the new ones I have got if you are interested?

How is your EastEnders cast card collection coming along, have you got many?
Posted Image
If you'd like me to make a sig, send a message - NickM

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

I can't remember who the last unsigned cast card I was sent was, it's been that long.

I think that most of SOC's characters were in the list of cast cards I have no unsigned card for.

I think the latest cards I have received signed have been Fi, Ted, and joshy.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Have to say that the replies from Hollyoaks are a lot better than they used to be, I am receiving a fair few, which is good as I often think I am wasting my time posting letters off just to get no reply.

I got a signed cast card today from Andrew Hayden Smith which is pretty cool.

I know that some of the cast have had new cards done, and with a few newcomers to the cast that's a fair few new cards to collect.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Simon Williams replied today but with a generic black and white press photo so that means his character doesn't have a cast card.

Also had another Hollyoaks reply yesterday - a cast card from Rishi Nasir who plays Sami Maalik.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Very weird reply today . I'd written to Alex James Phelps. He sent a typed note saying thanks and sorry for late reply but also sent a paper version of a cast card .. I'm not sure if it is home made. I didn't think Travis had a cast card.
Very weird reply today . I'd written to Alex James Phelps. He sent a typed note saying thanks and sorry for late reply but also sent a paper version of a cast card .. I'm not sure if it is home made. I didn't think Travis had a cast card.
Here it is
Here it is
Edited by ShakilsManBun, 13 Dec 2017, 12:11.

The Walford Wonder
Member Avatar
My son is in the kitchen eating a biscuit.
ShakilsManBun
13 Dec 2017, 12:08
Here it is
Here it is
Do you have what he sent back? I can't see an image.
Posted Image

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

I tried doing it via my mobile phone but it hasn't worked... sorry.

Got a Corrie cast card today, one I had not seen so makes me think a few updates have been done. Good to see, although it means writing more letters hehe

jessonline
Member Avatar

Yeah it's annoying that they don't send out unsigned cards anymore, people took full advantage and there's hundreds on eBay. My replies have been quite slow recently, I think the last Eastenders reply I got was from Bonnie Langford (Carmel)

Like the user above, I also collect Hollyoaks and Coronation Street cards. Corrie have been on it recently with their replies, I got Melaine Hill yesterday! Hollyoaks are a little bit slower, I got my last reply in December :)

jessonline
Member Avatar

ShakilsManBun
1 Dec 2017, 12:44
Have to say that the replies from Hollyoaks are a lot better than they used to be, I am receiving a fair few, which is good as I often think I am wasting my time posting letters off just to get no reply.

I know that some of the cast have had new cards done, and with a few newcomers to the cast that's a fair few new cards to collect.
Didn't realise that Andrew had a cast card before he left, bummer! So nice to see someone else on here who collects 'Oaks autographs - I got a reply from Jacob Robertson (Damon) last month but that's the last Hollyoaks reply I've had! I started collecting Hollyoaks autographs late last year, so far I have Anna Passey, Jaqueline Boatswain, Karl Collins, Harvey Virdi, Haisha Mistry, Rachel Adideji, David Kennedy, Stephanie Waring and Richard Linnell I think :)

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

jessonline
28 Jan 2018, 15:43
ShakilsManBun
1 Dec 2017, 12:44

Didn't realise that Andrew had a cast card before he left, bummer! So nice to see someone else on here who collects 'Oaks autographs - I got a reply from Jacob Robertson (Damon) last month but that's the last Hollyoaks reply I've had! I started collecting Hollyoaks autographs late last year, so far I have Anna Passey, Jaqueline Boatswain, Karl Collins, Harvey Virdi, Haisha Mistry, Rachel Adideji, David Kennedy, Stephanie Waring and Richard Linnell I think :)
I've only recently got back into collecting the Oaksters cards as had a fair few replies, it seems to have picked up again with newcomers being very quick to reply which is good.

recent character cards I have received are : Armstrong, Damon, Brody, Milo, Misbah, and Sami.

I have written to a lot of the vast recently and am waiting for replies.

Emmerdale recently sent me a few new or updates of their cast cards which was nice .

jessonline
Member Avatar

ShakilsManBun
28 Jan 2018, 16:06
jessonline
28 Jan 2018, 15:43

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
I've only recently got back into collecting the Oaksters cards as had a fair few replies, it seems to have picked up again with newcomers being very quick to reply which is good.

recent character cards I have received are : Armstrong, Damon, Brody, Milo, Misbah, and Sami.

I have written to a lot of the vast recently and am waiting for replies.

Emmerdale recently sent me a few new or updates of their cast cards which was nice .
Nice, will have to write to some of them! Would definitely recommend writing to David Kennedy (Dirk) he's very quick :)

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

Corrie has some new cast cards out, and some updated shots of characters.

Eastenders really need to sort themselves out cast card wise... they don't treat their fans very well at all IMO.

lennon
Member Avatar

ShakilsManBun
11 Feb 2018, 19:36

I've seen new cards for Paddy Wallace, Kym Marsh and Jack P Shepherd. Are there any others that you know of?

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

lennon
13 Feb 2018, 13:10
ShakilsManBun
11 Feb 2018, 19:36

I've seen new cards for Paddy Wallace, Kym Marsh and Jack P Shepherd. Are there any others that you know of?
I didn't know about Kym marsh... only seen the paddy and Jack ones...

lennon
Member Avatar

ShakilsManBun
13 Feb 2018, 14:17
lennon
13 Feb 2018, 13:10

I didn't know about Kym marsh... only seen the paddy and Jack ones...
OK, thanks. :)

I have heard that Catherine Tyldesley has a new card too, though I haven't seen it yet.

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

lennon
13 Feb 2018, 16:05
ShakilsManBun
13 Feb 2018, 14:17

OK, thanks. :)

I have heard that Catherine Tyldesley has a new card too, though I haven't seen it yet.
There are a fair few characters who need a cast card update on Corrie.... Zeedan, Maria, ken, Sally, Liz, Tracey and Robert for starters...

EastEndlad
Member Avatar

Lots of characters in Hollyoaks need new cast cards one of them being Richard Linnell and also the one being Parry Glasspool both of theirs haven’t changed since when they arrived
Edited by EastEndlad, 13 Feb 2018, 22:45.
Watch me Daddy!

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

EastEndlad
13 Feb 2018, 22:44
Lots of characters in Hollyoaks need new cast cards one of them being Richard Linnell and also the one being Parry Glasspool both of theirs haven’t changed since when they arrived
True. The female cast have had updates thru 2017...and some new cards produced like like and Mandy.

The cast changes so much it must be a nightmare to produce cast cards for.

EastEndlad
Member Avatar

I wonder when Hunter and the new Ahmed’s will get their cast cards
Watch me Daddy!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Autographs · Next Topic »
Add Reply