Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[b]EastEnders[/b]: Vinegar Lips' Era- Story Outlines (December 2017- ); What it says on the tin, really
Topic Started: 8 Nov 2017, 21:44 (1,524 Views)
VinegarLips
Member Avatar

Hello guys. I've decided, since I have no time to commit to the full-on fanfiction I would have liked to do, I will be doing something a little different.

I will instead be outlining a detailed vision for EastEnders, resetting to 27 November 2017 onwards and replacing John Yorke's era. I'll be sharing all the storylines and cast changes I'd implement. I apologise for not committing to more, but I hope my ideas impress you all the same.
Edited by VinegarLips, 19 Feb 2018, 11:41.

i ain't stroking your pussy. i don't know where it's been.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ooh, I Say
Member Avatar

Excited for this, good luck! Although I'm curious as to what you would have done with the show, but if you don't have time it's understandable you can't commit to a full on fanfiction. Anyway, good luck - I'll be reading! :)
Edited by Ooh, I Say, 27 Jan 2018, 17:05.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

CAST CHANGES: WINTER 2017-18

DEPARTING CHARACTERS
James Willmott-Brown: 24 December 2017
Max Branning: 25 December 2017
Fi Browning: 26 December 2017
Luke Browning: 26 December 2017
Johnny Carter: 5 January 2018
Ted Murray: 19 January 2018
Joyce Murray: 19 January 2018
Lauren Branning: 2 February 2018
Josh Hemmings: 2 February 2018
Abi Branning: 9 February 2018
Cora Cross: 9 February 2018

RETURNING CHARACTERS
Simon Wicks: 18-29 December 2017 (two-week stint)
Peter Beale (now played by WILL RICHARDSON): 18 December 2017
Jane Beale: 25 December 2017- 1 January 2018 (eight-episode stint)
Tanya Cross: 25 December 2017- 2 February 2018 (six-week stint)
Debra Dean: 11 January 2018
Lola Pearce: 29 January 2018
Les Coker: 29-30 January 2018 (two-episode stint)
Pam Coker: 29-30 January 2018 (two-episode stint)
Carol Jackson: 2-9 February 2018 (five-episode stint)
Ryan Malloy: 6 February 2018 (recurring guest capacity)

ARRIVING CHARACTERS
Meili Shen (portrayed by Sarah Sayuri Hare): 2 January 2018
STORYLINES: DECEMBER 2017- FEBRUARY 2018

THE SUICIDE OF MAX BRANNING
In the build-up to Christmas, Simon Wicks and Peter Beale return from New Zealand- having learned of Steven's death from Jane Beale and desperate for answers from Ian, leading to an almighty confrontation over the past as both Ian and Simon reflect on their poor treatment of Steven and Peter conveys the unstable state he has been in thanks to the Lucy saga. Meanwhile, Max and Weyland and Co reveal their true colours just as in the real show- though Max is not double crossed initially. Kathy, Sharon and the Fowlers are all in the Vic at the time of the revelation, with Stacey disgusted and horrified by the revelation that her friend has been working with a rapist. Max is shunned by the community, though a dark night of the soul with his family and Stacey exposes just how suicidal he felt in prison. Peter and Max bond over their mutual hatred of the lies surrounding Lucy, while Lauren tries to reconcile with Peter for Louie's sake- only to be rejected, as Peter is furious at the fact that not only did Lauren leave him for his own brother but she led said brother along until ultimately he died without ever getting the love he needed. As Christmas Eve arrives, Max, Fi and Luke all find themselves turning against Willmott-Brown as the seed of doubt surrounding Kathy's rape grows and grows- as a furious confrontation ensues, James suffers a fatal heart attack- and in a dark turn of events, Luke convinces Fi to leave Max to take the blame for his death- leaving him wrongfully framed for another death. Max tries to convince Stacey to help him after informing her of his plight and she briefly agrees- telling him to hide at the allotments' but warning him to stay away from her family. However, on Christmas Day, Jane Beale and Tanya Cross return after hearing that Max is on the run after supposedly killing Willmott-Brown- dropping the bombshell to the Beales, Fowlers and Brannings that Max killed Steven and tried to kill Jane- a horrified Stacey tells everyone that Max is at the allotments'. Max is alarmed to hear police cars in the Square and decides to sneak through the Vic's alley and onto the roof. Spotted by Lauren and Abi, his daughters follow him onto the roof for a final confrontation over their history, betrayals and everything they've been through in Walford. Finally giving up, Max jumps from the Vic roof- only to take Lauren with him when she reaches out to stop him. Abi, Tanya, the Beales and Stacey are all present as Max dies on the pavement, while Lauren- having been cushioned slightly by her father wakes briefly to see her father dead before falling unconscious again. Fi and Luke both leave Walford on Boxing Day, with Kathy telling them that they have done enough damage. Simon leaves after leaving Abi with a large amount of money for his grandchild and insisting that he will always be there to support her whenever she needs it. Jane leaves on New Year's Day, insisting that the Beales move on without her and vowing to leave Walford behind for good. Over the following weeks, Lauren is hospitalised but as in the real show, survives though is left struggling to walk. Abi's trauma from everything that has happened leads to her going into premature labour, giving birth to her daughter Polly Beale. Carol Jackson returns for Max's funeral and stays for a few days to get her head around the dark and disturbing events that have happened within her family over the past few years, lashing out at Ian for his behaviour. Tanya refuses to attend Max's funeral but bids Lauren and Josh goodbye as they move to Glasgow after the service, taking Louie with them after Peter insists that he is not ready to be a father and that he'd be no better than Ian. Abi remains in Walford for a week after Lauren's exit, with baby Polly needing an extra week in hospital. They ultimately opt to move away to live with Cora.
Edited by VinegarLips, 25 Feb 2018, 20:34.

Stan
Member Avatar

Great ideas. I can just envisioned Lindsay Coulson's amazing performances as Carol when she comes down on Ian like a ton of bricks.
Posted Image

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

MARTIN FOWLER'S TESTICULAR CANCER DIAGNOSIS
With his wife Stacey grieving the loss of Max Branning following his suicide and struggling to cope with the horrific truth behind her friend Steven Beale's death, Martin Fowler is forced to do all he can to comfort her through the troubling festive period- fearing another bipolar episode. However, he is soon left with a heartbreaking fear of his own when he finds a lump on his testicle. Desperate not to worry Stacey any further, he initially keeps it to himself but he ultimately realises just how vital his well-being is to the happiness and security of his family and talks to Walford's new general practitioner Meili Shen. After some tests, Martin is devastated to learn that he has testicular cancer. Confiding in his best friend Kush Kazemi, he is left not only fatigued by the knowledge of his upcoming battle but troubled by the thought of feeling masculine upon the removal of his testicle. As Kush helps Martin break the news to Stacey, however, she pulls herself together and vows to be strong for her husband and convinces him that being a man is not about genitalia- having learned from her time with her half brother Kyle Slater. He has the testicle removed and awaits chemotherapy.
BILLY AND HONEY MITCHELL'S SEPARATION
Billy and Honey Mitchell finally make a decision regarding their long-awaited second wedding in the festive season, with Billy booking 28 January 2018- the two-year anniversary of the engagement party- in a guilt-driven bid to ensure that they are married as soon as possible in a bid to soothe his conscience after his recent mistakes. The occasion sees Les and Pam Coker returning to wish their friends well, while Billy's granddaughter Lola Pearce returns to Walford with her daughter Lexi, announcing her intentions to move back for good after being cheated on multiple times by her boyfriend Dexter Hartman. Unfortunately for Billy, the happy news proves difficult to bear for Tina Carter, who finds herself even more burdened by the fact that she both ran over their daughter Janet and subsequently slept with Billy. Despite her sister Shirley's attempts to force her out of the country for another holiday, Tina finds herself doing the unthinkable- too late to prevent the vows from being spoken, she nonetheless storms into the church and unloads her two damning secrets upon the congregation. Honey, broken by the dark truth, is left further disturbed as Tina is promptly arrested- having called the police and confessed beforehand, robbing her of even the opportunity to hand Tina of any justice. Shockingly, however, Tina is later released due to a lack of evidence and it is regarded as an accident due to her prior ordeal with the clown attackers. However, when Tina vengefully reveals her sister Shirley's attempts to prevent her from telling the truth, Shirley finds herself dragged into the chaotic situation too. Meanwhile, Honey makes it clear that her relationship with Billy is over- but she soon finds herself confiding in Lola that she is actually pregnant and that she is not sure what to do about it.
DEAN WICKS' EXECUTION
Shirley Carter receives a nasty shock when she receives a letter from her daughter Carly Wicks informing her that her son Dean Wicks has been convicted of murder in Florida and is now awaiting execution on death row. Shirley crumbles at the prospect of losing another son, regardless of the circumstance, and finds herself unable to confide in anyone about the news- believing that everyone would be delighted to hear of his suffering. With her sister Tina distracted by her own heartache surrounding the Mitchells, Shirley is left feeling isolated as her son Mick and his wife Linda celebrate their son Johnny's enrolment at a law firm elsewhere in London- with the positive nature of Johnny's upbringing only leaving her more and more upset at her misgivings as a mother. Ultimately, it is her friend Kathy Beale that gives her the shoulder she needed to cry on- but the extent of Shirley's agony only prompts Kathy to drop her own bombshell. Feeling herself unworthy of Shirley's friendship, Kathy confesses to her affair with Shirley's ex-boyfriend Andrew 'Buster' Briggs in 2016- leading to an emotional showdown between the two as they pick apart each others mistakes, with Kathy refusing to be painted as the sole reason for the affair or the breakdown of Shirley and Buster's relationship. The pair eventually reach an understanding, but the betrayal only further emphasises what Shirley has tried to deny- Walford has broken her. With Tina's betrayal via a confession that Shirley was keeping her secret regarding Janet's accident making her feel even worse, Shirley decides to leave the Square once and for all- travelling to Florida using earnings stolen from Kathy's cafe as a final act of revenge against Kathy and Tina, and saying a final goodbye to Dean before moving into a new home with Carly and her son Jimmy.
Edited by VinegarLips, 25 Feb 2018, 20:35.

Angie's Den
Member Avatar

If you are convicted of rape in the USA, there's literally no way that you'd be put on death row. You'd be given a custodial sentence, yes. However, death row is not an option.
Posted Image

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

Angie's Den
20 Feb 2018, 22:35
If you are convicted of rape in the USA, there's literally no way that you'd be put on death row. You'd be given a custodial sentence, yes. However, death row is not an option.
Thanks for your input. Very constructive. I realised my utter naivety and changed it to murder, it doesn't quite have the same power but hey, I'll leave the antirealism to the real show. :lol:
Edited by VinegarLips, 22 Feb 2018, 00:58.

Ooh, I Say
Member Avatar

Enjoying the unique way that you're doing this. Great ideas, and I'm especially glad that both Abi and Lauren survived Christmas! :D

Martin's cancer is something I've seen thrown around a lot but it makes sense, and I'm glad you've kept Martin and Stacey together.
Posted Image

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

Ooh, I Say
21 Feb 2018, 18:53
Enjoying the unique way that you're doing this. Great ideas, and I'm especially glad that both Abi and Lauren survived Christmas! :D

Martin's cancer is something I've seen thrown around a lot but it makes sense, and I'm glad you've kept Martin and Stacey together.
Thank you very much I appreciate it :)

Yes, I see far more longevity in Lauren and Abi than their father. I think, as damaged as Max's character was before Christmas, he still could've gained a powerful and sympathetic ending. His daughters shouldn't have had to pay the price. Decent storytelling means treating your characters as real people- Max has mental health issues that could never just be brushed aside and I think this needed exploration and a relevance in the conclusion of this story. Abi and Lauren deserved a more hopeful ending, with Max's suicide giving them closure in a strangely odd and tragic way. Max is a big character and he would have deserved a death with actual aftermath and repercussions for his family.

Yes, I definitely wouldn't think about splitting Martin and Stacey, especially in such a grotesque manner as the real show is. There could still be a bit of conflict, a bit of fire here though- Stacey even talking to Max in these final days before Christmas causes conflict with Martin. Max's death very much marks the end of an era for her, all her history with the Brannings slips away in that tragic moment.
DEBRA DEAN'S CRYSTAL METH ADDICTION (inspired by The Other Slater Cousin)
Whitney Dean and her fiance Harry 'Woody' Woodward receive a huge shock when Whitney's estranged biological mother Debra turns up at their new flat in a dishevelled and desperate state one winter evening, begging for money. After interrogating Debra as to what's going on and getting no answers, Whitney is soon horrified to realize that Debra is addicted to crystal meth and that she is suffering intense withdrawal symptoms after days of wandering on the streets with no contact with her dealer. With Whitney desperate to make something of herself and find a new job in childcare with her new friend Ingrid Solberg's help, she summons her half brother Ryan Malloy to Walford to help their mother leave drugs behind once and for all. Unfortunately, when Debra's abusive ex-boyfriend Riley turns up, a spanner is thrown into the works- Debra has a 6-year-old son named Nathan, whom Riley leaves with Whitney and Woody. Disgusted at their mother for allowing Nathan to be neglected, Whitney and Ryan struggle to agree on what to do about their young brother. Ryan initially decides to stay and support Nathan, but when a session looking after his and Stacey Fowler's daughter Lily leads to Lily nearly being run over, he has a tragic epiphany. Convinced that he is no better a parent than Debra, Ryan refuses to taint Nathan's life and leaves Whitney and Woody to care for him and Debra by themselves.
THE TRUTH ABOUT DENISE FOX'S FATHER (inspired by Shamelessness)
Denise Fox and Kim Fox-Hubbard's festive period takes an uncomfortable turn when Kim's mother Emerald arrives, asking to make amends with the pair after her bombshell earlier in the year that the two are not biological sisters. After Emerald explains that she genuinely has no idea as to who Denise's real parents are, Denise decides to forgive her "adoptive" mother- understanding that her own son Raymond is in a similar predicament and that she would be a hypocrite to bemoan being in the same situation she placed her son in. With the subject of Raymond raised, however, Emerald begins to question his whereabouts- intent on knowing that he is safe. Unable to provide any answers, Denise soon reaches breaking point over Emerald's interrogation and asks her to leave- indicating that her real mother could have been less irritating and disappointing. To Denise and Kim's surprise, Emerald drops the bombshell that she is indeed Denise's real mother. After initial exasperation over Emerald's constant lies, Denise and Kim eventually come to realise that this time, Emerald is indeed telling the truth. Emerald admits that she lied in a desperate attempt to prevent Denise from having her grandson adopted, subsequently ceasing contact in the hope that Denise's realisation at how isolated she feels would leave her doubting her decision. Emerald subsequently decides to finally answer the question as to who Denise's real father is; a man called Elijah Gyasi with whom she had a relationship during her time living in Montserrat. Elijah came out as gay upon Emerald's revelation that she was pregnant and their homophobic neighbours forced him out of their town, leaving Emerald ashamed and alone- and motivating her decision to stay silent over the truth. Realising the difficult ordeal endured by their mother, Denise and Kim give Emerald another chance, though Kim is left saddened to learn that Emerald cannot remember anything about her and her sister Daphne's fathers. Despite Emerald's plea, Denise refuses to ignore the knowledge of her father's identity and sets about finding him in time for her wedding to Kush Kazemi.
CAST CHANGES: SPRING 2018

DEPARTING CHARACTERS
Shirley Carter: 9 March 2018
Harry 'Woody' Woodward: 13 April 2018
Karen Taylor: 4 May 2018
Keanu Taylor: 4 May 2018
Bernadette Taylor: 4 May 2018

RETURNING CHARACTERS
Lisa Fowler: 28 May 2018

ARRIVING CHARACTERS
Torstein Solberg (portrayed by Joar Bekkedal): 2 April 2018
Chantelle Baker (portrayed by Ketorah Williams): 4 May 2018
Edited by VinegarLips, 25 Feb 2018, 20:38.

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

DEBRA DEAN AND TINA CARTER'S CRYSTAL METH ABUSE
Whitney Dean finds herself in an impossible situation as the stress of caring for both her drug-addicted mother Debra and her young half-brother Nathan in the midst of his recent upheaval takes its toll on her relationship with Harry 'Woody' Woodward. Juggling her quest to force her mother to go cold turkey and her return to working as a teaching assistant at Walford Primary School, Whitney's hectic new lifestyle leaves Woody feeling that he has no place in her life. Woody confides in Linda Carter over the latest troubles in their relationship but with Whitney insistent that nobody knows of the Debra situation, Linda is left unaware of the context and, based on her past experiences with Whitney, encourages Woody to move on and find someone who treats him like a human being and not a plaything. Woody subsequently leaves Whitney devastated by ending their relationship and leaving Walford- leaving her to deal with things on her own. Fortunately, Whitney's new friend Ingrid Solberg proves to be a rock- agreeing to look after Nathan whenever necessary while she is working. However, with Debra's addiction only spiralling further and further out of control, Whitney makes the gutwrenching decision to turn her back on her mother- telling her to leave so that Nathan at least stands a chance of happiness. Alone and on the streets, Debra soon finds herself crossing paths with a similarly-isolated Tina Carter. After her sister Shirley's move to Florida and with her nephew Mick too disgusted at her involvement in Janet Mitchell's accident, Tina has never felt so low and she soon finds a glum connection with Debra as they relate their experiences of letting children down. Unfortunately, their friendship quickly takes a darker turn as Debra persuades Tina to use crystal meth- dragging a vulnerable Tina back into the world of drugs after years of being on the straight and narrow.

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

THE TAYLORS' CARBON MONOXIDE TRAGEDY
Karen Taylor's eldest daughter Chantelle Baker finally makes her arrival in Walford, seeking the support of her mother after the breakdown of her marriage- though hesitant to reveal the fact that said breakdown was caused by her affair with a woman and her secret struggle with the fact that she is a lesbian. Knowing that both parents would likely judge her harshly on her sexuality, Chantelle hesitates on approaching the Taylors' flat and first finds herself face to face with her brother Keegan- who is on his way home from spending the night at the home of his best friend Shakil Kazemi. Chantelle admits everything to Keegan, who shows some surprising humility- and it is clear that they have always shared a close bond over being the literal black sheep of their family. Chantelle and Keegan are soon faced with unthinkable tragedy when they return home to find Karen, Keanu and Bernadette all dead in their beds. Desperately calling the emergency services, it soon becomes evident that the trio's deaths were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning stemming from the broken boiler. As Chantelle and Keegan's youngest siblings Chatham and Riley return home after a weekend with their father, they are left unbearably burdened with the responsibility to tell them what has happened. The Walford community is stunned by the news of the deaths- but with Keegan too abrasive to accept any support and Chantelle too traumatized and timid to reach out, the residents are left unsure of how to help. Upon Shakil's insistence, his mother Carmel, brother Kush and Kush's fiance Denise Fox allow Keegan and Chantelle to stay with them until they find a place to stay. Keegan and Chantelle are left hopeful that their father Ralph will take them in, but Ralph reveals that Chantelle's husband has told him of her affair and that he is too disgusted at her sexuality to even look at her. In a surprise turn of events, Chantelle's husband Rudy turns up in Walford himself and leaves a large amount of money with her- though Chantelle is insistent that she does not deserve it, Rudy forces her to take it in order to rebuild her life. Chantelle and Keegan subsequently move into a new flat on the Square, while Chatham and Riley's father agrees to pay for the funerals with help from a trust fund set up by Linda and Mick Carter in the Queen Vic.

See You Slater
Member Avatar

I didn't know TOSC was moonlighting under the username VinegarLips! I love his ideas.
Posted Image

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

MARTIN FOWLER'S CHEMOTHERAPY STRUGGLES
Martin Fowler finds himself crumbling under the burden of his ongoing battle with the testicular cancer, with the chemotherapy leaving him more vulnerable than ever. Already feeling deflated by the removal of one of his testicles, Martin is left further strained by the frequent nausea and fatigue caused by his treatment- spending many days unable to even get out of bed, much to his wife Stacey's heartache. Stacey and his sister Michelle try to raise his spirits one afternoon with a big Fowler and Beale family meal- but Martin's loss of appetite and eventual vomiting over his meal leave the occasion in tatters, and Stacey is left feeling ill-suited to the responsibility of caring for her husband. After some much-needed support from Sonia Jackson and Linda Carter- who are aware of cancer related struggles from past experience- Stacey decides to keep trying her best to make both Martin and their children happy, organising frequent family days out. As Martin loses his hair, Sonia recommends the same wig merchant used by her mother Carol during her breast cancer- and Stacey, Bex and Lily all relish the opportunity to dress Martin in hilarious wigs after having his head shaves by Stacey. Comforted and touched by his family's support, Martin finds himself becoming more and more at peace with his illness.

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

See You Slater
25 Feb 2018, 21:00
I didn't know TOSC was moonlighting under the username VinegarLips! I love his ideas.
He really is very creative and eloquently spoken when discussing his ideas. I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing his Debra Dean idea- I just thought it fit into my era so well and it does springboard further plots to come.

My ideas run until August 2020 at the moment so this "tentative era" will probably be going on for a while! :lol: :D

VinegarLips
Member Avatar

Apologies to all but I'll be packing this in for good this time. My ideas change on a daily basis so it's better if I give up and stop wasting everyone's time as I'd never be able to complete a cohesive effort with the little time I have. I can't actually remember many of my unposted ideas, I'm afraid.

Farewell readers and apologies.

Ooh, I Say
Member Avatar

That's a shame, was enjoying your ideas and how you mixed in other people's. But it's understandable. :)
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Fan Fiction · Next Topic »
Add Reply