Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders: by Jamie (2018-); 33rd Year: The Biggest Year To Come...
Topic Started: 9 Jan 2018, 19:32 (1,224 Views)
Jamie
Member Avatar

EastEnders appoints permanent new executive producer
Jamie permanently replaces O’Connor & temporary boss John Yorke

EastEnders have officially announced that Jamie has been officially appointed as the new executive producer of the hit BBC soap opera.
Posted Image
It has been officially announced today (January 9) that the permanent replacement to the former executive producer Sean O’Connor has been filled by the 25-year-old. He was officially appointed as the show’s executive producer at the start of the year and will work alongside the show’s executive consultant – and temporary boss – John Yorke for a “smooth” transitional period.

It’s believed Yorke will remain on the show as the show’s executive consultant until the spring season, albeit Jamie will officially be in charge and bring in new and fresh content. It’s been also revealed that Jamie has been working exclusively behind the scenes, talking to the actors about upcoming storylines he’s planning – as he prepares to air his material next month.

Speaking exclusively to Walford Web, he spoke about his delight and enthusiasm of accepting the top job as permanent executive producer. “Without a shadow of a doubt, I am delighted to have been offered and to have accept the position of EastEnders’ executive producer. It is an overwhelming honour to be at the helm at the start of its 33rd year. It’s a real thrill and I’m completely proud to have been given this chance to build upon Yorke’s work and to introduce stories and content that will, I hope, grip and entertain our viewers. While last year was a divisive year for the show with Sean O’Connor (former boss) in charge and the stories and characters being divisive, I’m hoping to make sure that the stories we tell this year have our viewers gripped. Not only that, I’m excited to share my vision for this national institution with our lovely and loyal viewers and hope they enjoy the journey, as much as I will at the helm of the great ship that is EastEnders.”

So the big question is: when does Jamie’s stories and material go to air?

“You’ll start to see my material come through roughly from Monday, February 12th,” reveals Jamie. “It’s a week before our big 33rd anniversary and this week is our most exciting week we’ll be airing. All the stories we’ll be telling this week will be building towards Anniversary Week… and dare I say it, the majority of our anniversary week is like a thriller TV series or movie. Lots of meaty stuff. Lots of drama: a car chase, a bomb and much more. However, away from that, my main goal is to tell stories that will be of great importance; stories that have an impact on our viewers and shock and grip them, but most importantly, we’ll be telling stories that may or will affect the community. With what we have planned, it’s going to be one amazing journey this year and I, for one, hope the viewers will be excited as I am – and I hope they stay with us for the journey ahead.”

Jamie’s first episode in charge of EastEnders airs Monday, February 12th at 8pm.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stan
Member Avatar

Looking forward to seeing more of your work Jamie :)
Posted Image

Jamie
Member Avatar

EastEnders boss: Horrific incident to hit Walford on Anniversary Week
And it seems the entire Square will be in danger…

EastEnders has confirmed that a horrifying incident will hit Walford next month, in time for the show’s 33rd Anniversary Week.
Posted Image
When the show’s new executive producer Jamie was appointed as the permanent replacement to former executive producer Sean O’Connor, Jamie teased that the anniversary week will feel like a thriller movie or a thriller TV series – and will be full of ‘shocks and surprises’.

Now, speaking exclusively at a press event, the new producer Jamie exclusively revealed some details about the impending anniversary – and the revelation two incidents will rock Walford.

“For the past two years, the anniversary episodes have been a quiet affair, which I suppose was a light relief after the events of the 30th Anniversary,” explains Jamie. “However, with this being my first official year in charge with John (Yorke) as my wingman, I wanted to look at ways we could celebrate the show’s 33rd birthday – and get the nation talking. We were really studying ways to get the nation talking and how to provide those watercooler moments for our viewers. Granted, 33 years isn’t necessarily a momentous year to celebrate, unlike your 18th, 21st or 40th, but we thought: ‘How about we shake things up in a big way this Anniversary?’. For me, this seemed like the right time.”

After a divisive year last year that gained a whole degree of criticism from the viewers and critics for its stories and characters, it seemed that this year has a lot of ground and drama to make up. So, when Jamie put forward his plans for the anniversary to the cast, the anniversary week was met with overwhelming praise from the cast and crew alike.

“I was understandably nervous as hell when I pitched the stories to the cast,” reveals Jamie. “It’s almost like standing up in front of your classmates and preparing a speech about a topic with no notes in front of you and trying to remember it word for word. The looks on their faces said it all. It’s incredible. They told me how excited that they were to be marking the anniversary with the mother of all weeks. It packs drama, stunts and truly genuine shocks. We’re celebrating this year with one hell of a bang that’s for certain… and I’m thoroughly on cloud nine that the cast are excited to be doing these episodes. Their enthusiasm says it all. There’s a huge buzz going around the studios about these episodes – and I hope the viewers will share the same thing.”

So with that being said, with the anniversary week episodes being teased around a ‘horrific incident’, Jamie exclusively confirmed what would be the ‘horrific incident’.

“An act of revenge will have disastrous consequences for the entire Square as one certain individual plants a bomb somewhere in the Square,” reveals Jamie. “I won’t exactly say where the individual plants the bomb, but all I will say is the whole Square will be put in danger when the bomb explodes. This is the start of what promises to lead on to a truly remarkable chain of events, culminating in a spectacular showdown and memorable scenes. It’s very dramatic, very intense and life-changing. All I will say is watch out for the location of this individual’s revenge bomb – because it will lead to all hell breaking loose and also, lead to a community in shock and devastation.”
EastEnders boss confirms Jane and Lee returns
Both are back but why?

EastEnders’ new executive producer Jamie has confirmed we will be seeing Lee Carter and Jane Beale back on our screens next month.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Initially there had been no plans to bring both back on the show, however, it’s been revealed that Jamie – recently named the permanent producer replacement to former executive producer Sean O’Connor – had spoken to Laurie Brett (Jane) and Danny-Boy Hatchard (Lee) about possible returns.

O’Connor left the show as executive producer back in June of last year with John Yorke stepping into the role as executive consultant – while the search for a permanent replacement to O’Connor took place.

Jamie was appointed the executive producer last week – with Yorke remaining as executive consultant – and has since confirmed plans for what he has called ‘the best year yet’.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media, Jamie spoke at length as to why he wanted to bring them back. “It was a matter of having stories that needed to further explore,” reveals Jamie. “When I look back on their departures when Sean (O’Connor) was appointed, I believed that the characters had more stories to tell. Could Jane return now everything Max has done has been revealed? Is it safe to do so? For Lee, it was a matter of what drives Lee to return to the Square. Is it to do with Whitney or is it to do with Johnny’s impending departure from the show? Or, is it something else?

“They both had fantastic stories to tell and I feel privileged that they have agreed to reprise their roles for the next couple of months or so. We spoke at length about their stories when they return – and for both, they found them fascinating. We’re opening up a new chapter in their lives as they return to Walford – and the stories we tell with them are bound to be exciting and fascinating.”

There’s no word as to when they will return but it’s speculated both Lee and Jane’s return to the show will air after the show’s 33rd Anniversary Week, in which Jamie has described like “watching a thriller” and “full of shocks and surprises”.

Jamie’s first episode in charge of EastEnders airs Monday, February 12th at 8pm.
Edited by Jamie, 11 Jan 2018, 22:36.
Posted Image

Jamie
Member Avatar

EastEnders: Michelle Fowler to leave the show
Michelle will leave the soap in April

EastEnders has announced Michelle Fowler is being written out of the soap, 13 months after her return to the soap.
Posted Image
Jenna Russell has played the iconic Fowler since December 2016, when the character was officially brought to the soap prior to the Christmas episodes. Since then, Michelle has been embroiled in some major storylines.

Michelle has been off our screens since mid-November following the conclusion to the stalking storyline, which saw her being stalked by Tom Bailey (played by Daniel Casey) who she met on the Tube. The year also saw her inappropriate relationship with Preston – widely panned by critics and viewers – become exposed by Bex Fowler who had been in a relationship with him.

In scenes that will go to air at the end of February, Michelle will return from her extended holiday to Australia to see daughter Vicki and boyfriend Spencer Moon. However, she will return with a major secret: she’s planning to emigrate to Australia to be near her daughter.

EastEnders’ executive producer Jamie commented on the decision to write Michelle out. “It’s always a difficult decision to say goodbye to a character and an actor,” begins Jamie. “For me, it was a difficult decision to write the character of Michelle out. Jenna has been a credit to the team and for her portrayal as the iconic original Fowler member. Michelle has been through it all last year and as we prepare to say goodbye to Michelle, expect tears and emotion to be shed.

“And also, we wish Jenna all the best of luck for the future. Michelle isn’t been killed off, the door is open, so there is room for a return in the future.”

EastEnders airs Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays on BBC One.
Posted Image

Jamie
Member Avatar

EastEnders boss reveals TWO massive anniversary week plots
Bomb drama and return drama with the Beales

EastEnders’ executive producer Jamie has revealed that there will be TWO huge storylines that will dominate the show’s fast approaching 33rd Anniversary in February.

Upon his arrival as the show’s permanent executive producer, it was revealed that he was planning to mark the show’s anniversary on Monday, February 19th, with a suitably dramatic week of episodes. It was soon revealed that someone will cause mayhem in Walford by planting a bomb somewhere in the Square.
Posted Image
With the past two anniversaries being a quiet affair, it’s no secret that Jamie wants to mark the start of his tenure. Today, he’s officially confirmed that the anniversary week – which is Jamie’s second week in charge – will be intense, explosive and ‘like a thriller’ with not one but TWO earth-shaking stories dominating the proceedings.

With this year promising to be an unmissable year, Jamie has exclusively revealed the details of what to expect in these episodes – and from what he had to say at a second press event, it seems it will lead some shocking new stories with twists and turns, and allegedly, throw people together that you might not expect.

“When I came onboard as the show’s new executive producer, there were two goals that I wanted to focus on,” explains Jamie. “I wanted to tell stories that would get our fans of new and old talking and provide those watercooler moments. Moments that would get the whole country talking and want to see the whole story and picture in its entirety. Secondly, it was to be brave and to take risks. For too long, I’ve seen and heard about stories that have been deemed ‘safe’, ‘boring’ or ‘bland’. I’m all about being bold, brave and taking risks in my storylines – that’s my vision. We’ve got dark stories, we’ve got stories that will take risks. Hell, I’m a risk-tasker and if the risks in the stories pay off, they pay off. If they don’t, they don’t. I’m just looking forward to sharing what we’ve got lined up this year for our big anniversary week.”

It’s at that point where Jamie officially revealed that the Walford bomb blast will be the anniversary week’s main story – and it’s down to a certain individual.

“Anniversary Week will mark the beginning of the end for the Aidan and Ciara – and the heist storyline – in general,” teases Jamie. “Ciara’s desperate quest to get her money back that Aidan had been attempting to retrieve in the robbery will drive her to take shocking action. Her quest for revenge on Aidan and those who took part in the raid will lead to an associate planting a bomb within Walford. While I won’t say where the bomb is or who ends up in the firing line, the consequences from the shock bombing are bound to create shockwaves throughout the entire community – and so soon after Abi’s death and her funeral too. It’s a big risk to plan a story of this calibre but it’s something I’m hoping that it can and hopefully will pay off.”

But that’s not all as all of this will lead to an almighty showdown within the Walford Train Station between certain members of Aidan’s gang, Aidan and Ciara herself. According to an insider, it’s been revealed there will be a hostage situation on the platform itself – and armed police are involved. A suitably shocking end to the Maguire revenge/money heist storyline – but that’s not all.

The second storyline to play its part in the big week is involving the Beale family...

“But the drama won’t stop during our action-packed anniversary episodes, because our second big story is focussing on the Beale family and with the imminent return of Peter Beale,” excitedly reveals Jamie. “I’m incredibly excited to rejuvenate the Beale family with Peter’s return – with Thomas Law returning to the role after an eight-year absence from the show. Not only that, Mimi Keene is returning as Cindy Williams Jr as well. We’re bringing them both back and we’re going to finding out what they’ve been up to.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Who has the skeleton in their closet – and which one knows of it? The secret is being kept under wraps for now, but let’s just say this is going to be exciting. Not only that, the whole family will receive some truly unexpected news about Bobby that will turn their world upside down. No deaths are involved with this Beale story, but let’s just say it comes at the WRONG time.”

EastEnders airs Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays on BBC One.
Posted Image

See You Slater
Member Avatar

Sounds very dramatic!
Posted Image

LesleyJane
Member Avatar

This sounds brilliant Jamie. An interesting move to bring back Thomas Law. Can't wait to see what is to come :)

Jamie
Member Avatar

See You Slater
20 Jan 2018, 22:15
Sounds very dramatic!
Sure is gonna be! :) Wanted to mark Anniversary Week with one hell of a bang - and the bomb/hostage situation was probably the best way to bring the Aidan/Ciara heist storyline to a close. Let's just say there are plenty of shocks in store, that's for sure.
LesleyJane
20 Jan 2018, 22:16
This sounds brilliant Jamie. An interesting move to bring back Thomas Law. Can't wait to see what is to come :)
Thanks LesleyJane! :) It's been too long without Peter on the Square, and bringing back Thomas Law to reprise the role was the perfect choice. The return of Peter and also Cindy Jr. will be exciting stuff - along with what's lined up involving the Bobby news the Beale family will get.
Edited by Jamie, 20 Jan 2018, 22:34.
Posted Image

Stan
Member Avatar

I'm very excited about seeing this Jamie! Sounds very promising :)
Posted Image

ShakilsManBun
Default Avatar

YES! Thomas law is stunning, good one on bringing him back.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jamie
Member Avatar

Stan
20 Jan 2018, 22:45
I'm very excited about seeing this Jamie! Sounds very promising :)
Thank you Stan! :) It's going to be suitably explosive - and for some, possibly, life-changing to say the least.
ShakilsManBun
20 Jan 2018, 22:46
YES! Thomas law is stunning, good one on bringing him back.
Thanks! :) The only person I could think of to reprise the role of Peter for this story!
Edited by Jamie, 20 Jan 2018, 22:49.
Posted Image

Jamie
Member Avatar

Updated Week 7 Spoilers posted below
Contains NEW Information - and Week 8 Spoilers
Edited by Jamie, 10 Feb 2018, 22:01.
Posted Image

Ooh, I Say
Member Avatar

The bombing sounds huge! Super excited to see how that plays out.

Peter! Cindy! Already shaping up to be a brilliant fan-fiction; if it's of the same quality as your previous two last year I know it will be great! Good luck. :)
Posted Image

Jamie
Member Avatar

Ooh, I Say
3 Feb 2018, 23:26
The bombing sounds huge! Super excited to see how that plays out.

Peter! Cindy! Already shaping up to be a brilliant fan-fiction; if it's of the same quality as your previous two last year I know it will be great! Good luck. :)
Thanks - I'm super excited in writing the bombing story that will bring the Ciara/Aiden and the missing heist money (that Sharon took) story to a gloriously jaw-dropping conclusion. All I will say is it could mark the beginning of the end for SOME who were involved in that story - and you'll be stunned at the fallout.

As for Cindy and Peter's return, it's going to be incredible to write: so many answers that Ian wants - and some secrets that they are keeping from him. PS: We may see another return during this week relating to the Ian/Peter & Cindy story.
Edited by Jamie, 6 Feb 2018, 23:08.
Posted Image

Jamie
Member Avatar

UPDATED: Week 7 Spoilers (12th - 16th February 2018)

Monday 12th February 2018
• As Mel and Sharon draw up plans for the club reopening, Ciara begins to plot revenge.
• Honey contemplates her future in Walford after her split from Billy.
• Lily’s actions further deepen the growing war between Martin and Stacey.

Tuesday 13th February 2018
• It’s the day of Abi’s funeral – and the Branning family face being torn apart for good.
• Mel grows suspicious of Ciara. Will she rumble what Ciara is planning for Sharon?
• Martin turns to Whitney as the battle between Martin and Stacey escalates.

Thursday 15th February 2018
• Lauren devastates Max when she makes a shocking announcement of her own.
• Will Phil discover that Sharon has the missing heist money?
• Shakil comes to the aid of Bex when somebody attempts to attack her.

Friday 16th February 2018
• Ciara’s shocking revenge on Sharon puts the entire Square in danger.
• Bex and Shakil find themselves getting passionate with each other.
• Ian receives some shocking news about Bobby from the prison.
Week 8 Spoilers (19th - 23rd February 2018)

Monday 19th February 2018 (33rd Anniversary Episode)
• A devastating bomb blast puts the entire Square in danger. Who will survive the disaster?
• Phil uncovers the truth about Sharon and the missing money.
• Ian is shocked when Peter and Cindy make a shocking return to Walford.

Tuesday 20th February 2018
• As Phil reels from the truth, Ciara seizes an opportunity to get her revenge on Sharon.
• Ian wants answers from Peter and Cindy as to why they’ve come back.
• Two residents receive some devastating news about their injuries from the bombing.

Thursday 22nd February 2018
• Sharon’s fearing for her life as Ciara holds her at gunpoint. Can she be saved in time?
• Cindy struggles to keep her secret from Ian and Peter.
• Vincent faces a devastating dilemma from Aiden.

Friday 23rd February 2018
• The residents struggle to come to terms with the events of the bomb blast.
• Phil comes to a decision about his marriage with Sharon.
• The Carters are shocked when Lee makes an unexpected return to Walford.
Edited by Jamie, 10 Feb 2018, 21:59.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fan Fiction · Next Topic »
Add Reply