Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Coronation Street Discussion
Topic Started: 19 Feb 2014, 14:07 (114,124 Views)
EndersFanatic
Default Avatar

I am a huge fan of Corrie as well as Emmerdale, EastEnders and Home And Away.

Although I am bored to death with the Peter and Tina storyline.
Edited by Stan, 17 Jan 2018, 18:49.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake
Member Avatar

Isn't everyone? LOL I liked Tina too but now I can't wait for her to be gone. And Peter taking such delight from screwing around is just wrong. If you are going to do it, at least feel guilty!

TellyAddict
Member Avatar

Tina/Peter is just all kinds of awful. The ketchup on cheese banter from Monday's episode was a real low point (although there are plenty of low points to choose from where this story is concerned!).

I think we all know my feelings on Michelle too. She is well overdue the "Maddie from Hollyoaks" treatment.

Tracy Barlow also continues to be the most watchable she's been in forever. Deirdre has also been on fabulous form of late.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kiwiana
Default Avatar

I only enjoyed the 2004-2008 Webster era- family I enjoyed and wow that they have been on the show for 30 years I heard??
Jane/Ian warshipper fan

My Fave characters in order- Jane,Phil,Linda,Max,Mick,Lauren,Peter,Lola,Jay,Nancy,Dexter,Abi,Ronnie,Masood,Denise,Tamwar.

MrJames
Member Avatar

This should be a really interesting watch:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a552484/coronation-street-moving-story-given-air-date.html

Cupcake
Member Avatar

Steve MacDonald is my all time favourite soap character. He was perfection last night. Sweet, funny, loving. I really like when he and Tracy have scenes together.

MrJames
Member Avatar

Are they really doing two affair stories at the same time?

Loved Audrey and Gail (as usual) tonight. #DodgyPerm #StairLifts

Everything else was meh. How many more times can we see Fiz be a whiny cow?
Edited by MrJames, 21 Feb 2014, 22:05.

Lotty27
Member Avatar

Peter's getting on my wick! I used to quite like him as a character and even through his bigamy storyline years ago you could tell he was torn about it but now? No guilt whatsoever! ^o) What a barsteward. Grrrrrr.

And don't get me started about Dennis the cowardly weasel! If he was going to leave Rita he could have at least told her to her face. If she hadn't picked him out of the gutter he'd still be using Sophie's soup kitchen and going through bins! Rita deserved better than that.

(first post on the new WW and it's about Corrie., lol! :$ )

Swirly
Member Avatar

Todd just needs to leave I can't the terrible acting and personality transplant anymore.

Dennis...there are just no words for that.

Lord Les
Member Avatar

Loved Glo and Dennis exit - it was typical Dennis Tanner style. Blackburn got the character far better then Collinson did IMO. Pairing Dennis up with Audrey would have been a better fit then with Rita anyway.

TBK
Default Avatar

I find Pat Phelan quite interesting TBH. He's watchable and almost believable in his slimey way, as opposed to the pantomime villains we've seen in recent years on Eastenders

TellyAddict
Member Avatar

Wasn't paying much attention tonight but I heard Phelan come out with the dreaded "I own you" line to Owen. I thought that one was reserved for Philip Mitchell. :X
Posted Image

Jedi Pat
Member Avatar

MrJames
19 Feb 2014, 23:34
Just finished watching it... and I found it quite moving, if you pardon the pun.

Such history... I could quite understand Barbara Knox welling up when saying goodbye to the Kabin.

EndersFanatic
Default Avatar

I shall be glad when Tina leaves. The storyline with her and Peter is tiresome.

Jedi Pat
Member Avatar

Frank Butcher
10 Mar 2014, 14:24
I shall be glad when Tina leaves. The storyline with her and Peter is tiresome.

Indeed! I'm bored with Tina now... the sooner she's killed off the better.

And although the current storyline bores me to tears, I still want Chris Gascoyne to be snapped up by EastEnders when his Corrie contract runs out... he's a great actor if he's given good material to work with, and I think he'd make a great future husband for Roxy.

EndersFanatic
Default Avatar

That scene in the hospital of Maddie and Sophie was cringeworthy esp with the babies howling in the background.

TellyAddict
Member Avatar

I actually quite like Maddie. I think she's much better than Sian who irritated me a lot.

Phelan is turning out to be quite a decent villain as well. The Windass story isn't panning out quite how I predicted it would but it's managing to keep my interest.

It goes without saying that the Tina/Peter stuff last week was the absolute pits. All so repetitive as well - it feels like every episode must contain a scene of Tina vowing to not carry on like this, only for Peter to win her round again. Roll on May and the end of this tedium.
Posted Image

MrJames
Member Avatar

Kevin's return scene:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a557828/coronation-street-kevin-webster-returns-video-preview.html

Firstly, what kind of hamminess is that scene? Secondly, it feels a little odd doesn't it? A bit of an elephant in the room. And some of those lines from Dev and Rita were put in there on purpose, you can tell.

*Betty*
Member Avatar

It's good to see him back. I've always been a Kevin fan, he quite reminds me of my dad.

I hope they give him some character development this time though. Like Sally, Deirdre and Gail he got very much stuck in a rut under Collinson. Sally has stepped out of it with her new relationship with Tim, Deirdre has had a new lease of life since Ken disappeared but Gail's still struggling. Kevin was used for months as Sally's angry ex. We only saw him being angry about something. It'll be nice to see Kev just relax, and move on. His best scenes have always been when he is having funny. I quite like his moments with Dev as he recognises Dev's loss, and Rita because it feels more like Babs welcoming Michael home.
Posted Image

Cupcake
Member Avatar

Kevin won't be getting much development before he's off screen again. He's dealing with his addiction issues. I haven't missed him tbh but I don't hate the return either. I miss Ken moreso.

7 users reading this topic (4 Guests and 1 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Film & Media · Next Topic »
Add Reply