Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollyoaks
Topic Started: 19 Feb 2014, 14:34 (20,665 Views)
MrJames
Member Avatar

[IMDB=]hollyoaks[/IMDB]

Just so we have the full set. The show that never fails to thrill.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fehnder
Member Avatar

Just can't get over some of the shocking-ness of john Paul's story. Really well written I.think
Posted Image

MrJames
Member Avatar

Fehnder
22 Feb 2014, 03:06
Just can't get over some of the shocking-ness of john Paul's story. Really well written I.think
It is interesting how they have added all of these layers to it. It is such and uncomfortable and yet compelling watch. I just hope they get the reveal right.

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

Charlie Wernham was incredible in that classroom scene. For such a small guy he has such presence. I was glad the writers didn't hold back. Robbie was at his most despicable and disgusting in that episode and Finn continues to turn into a deeply disturbed young man.

They would be worthy winners of awards that weren't just in the Best Villain category. I think if anyone would win though it would probably be James Sutton.

Fehnder
Member Avatar

I do hate that HO is so overlooked when it comes to awards. They have produced some brilliant tv.
Posted Image

MrJames
Member Avatar

Spoiler: click to toggle

Shock overload at the moment.

Ross
Member Avatar
I'm in the kitchen eating a biscuit
I'm devastated for Sinead - easily one of the best Hollyoaks characters at the moment - but I just can't stand HO right now :( I think BK has really dragged the show down
Massive thanks to NickM for this wonderful signature! :)

Posted Image

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

That's a really surprising twist. It brings up a lot of questions though, something Freddie did yesterday. Sinead has been faking something but is it just because she wants people to realise Katie is ill or is this going to be a cruel twist of fate? Has Lindsey come back to work too soon after her abortion? Is she in the right frame of mind?

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

Charlie Wernham showed his range this week. To go from the disgusting homophobic bullying scene to pure honest regret and sincerity when he discovered John Paul had been raped was excellent.

I also rated Stephanie Davis highly in the past and tonight she was outstanding. Awful character but she plays it well.

Edited by MuteBanana, 26 Feb 2014, 04:12.

MrJames
Member Avatar

Some fabulous episodes over the last few days. They are really bringing home the rape storyline now and it is making for some fantastic viewing. All of the actors are doing a sterling job, and I fell a little bit in love with Charlie Wernham tonight. He's head and shoulders above the actors playing his brothers. Add to that Sinead's story, some pretty outstanding performances from Stephanie Davis and it's going to be a pretty tortuous time for the O'Connors this year.

I also love how complicated this show is. Villains floating around commenting on the acts of other characters. The CHEEK of Patrick having a go at John Paul. Can't wait to see Sienna back in the village!

Fehnder
Member Avatar

I'm pleased with the.bollocks being shown in sineads story. Things like this do happen in hospitals, it will be an excellent thing to explore, especially with the story as complex as it is right now.

Also loved Charlie (Robbie) I've always really liked him.

I've had a lot of people complain about sineads upcoming story, I don't recall an outcry with tony's grace? In any case, it will make great viewing, give actors chances to shine and raise awareness that mothers should ALWAYS.follow their instincts.
Posted Image

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

Can you imagine if they dared to pair up Robbie and Sinead as a long term couple? Incredible scenes.

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

Sienna is getting everything she deserves. Her campaign against the Osbourne's is unforgivable. It's bizarre the way people have decided to excuse this because she's unwell. Many people are unwell. They don't go on and do the things Sienna did.

Tegan is irritating. I don't know what Fraser sees in her.

Fehnder
Member Avatar

Agreed about tegan.

I personally thought Nancy was vile to sienna. With a history of mental health like siennas (her mum trying to kill her children) it is plausible that she was ill. I also think there were many warning signs of her mental health deteriorating. Trying to breastfeed Oscar for a start.

In any case, I don't feel sorry for sienna but I definitely dislike seeing her be bullied.I also dislike the fact that Tom isn't aware that his actions are wrong.
Posted Image

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

Great scenes. Exactly what we should have seen for Ronnie Mitchell. Kirkwood isn't perfect but he sometimes gets things right.

MrJames
Member Avatar

Ste's uquibity is beginning to rival Tina McIntyre's.

*Betty*
Member Avatar

When did Dennis become one of the best characters in the show?
Posted Image

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

I think he was busy with something last year which is why he was absent. But it's clear Kirkwood likes him.

MuteBanana
Member Avatar

Couple of awful episodes this week mainly thanks to Grace. Tegan is pretty unlikeable too.

So Grace wants Fraser's attention but is happy to share him with a wife and five step sons, but flies off the handle when she discovers he has a baby. I guess I can see the logic somewhere but come on, those scenes were just unnecessary.

Fraser setting himself up for a fall with his promise not to hurt Sandy again. Still not sure what he actually is going to do with Joe. It would've been better to have Joe be a hostage. Fraser is keeping watch until he presumably gets better, then what? If he cared why not tell Sandy in the first place? It's all going to come out eventually.

MrJames
Member Avatar

It is strange that they are so willing to pin so much on to relatively new characters.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Film & Media · Next Topic »
Add Reply