Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All Things EastEnders
Topic Started: 6 Mar 2015, 03:43 (334,474 Views)
MrJames
Member Avatar

There's been sooooooooo many times where I've had a little geeky EastEnders moment but had no one to share it with. I've thought about opening a thread like this for a while as a way to deal with these feelings but always thought it would be a bit useless. But I'm doing it now because I've thought about it for too long.

This is just a thread for all those little spontaneous EastEnders moments, random things that you want to share that aren't really about anything topical or big. If you're getting nostalgic about something, you've heard a certain piece of gossip or news, or if you just want to speculate about an upcoming storyline - this is the place to do it. Anything you bring to the pot should then hopefully spark off a bit of a discussion with the rest of us.

So I'll start:

I'm currently getting my life reliving Dot's cosy retelling of the baby swap.

🏆 Best Thread 2015
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Katedahlia
Member Avatar

I like this idea.
None of my writings even on topic seem to fit in well.
So....Michael. I miss him. Just the odd way he answered things. The depth of character. Loved it. Could watch all day.
I may just go back to rewatch.

Planck
Member Avatar

The administrator of my degree at university reminds me so much of Donna it's frightening.

WalfordFanatic
Member Avatar

Why is the cafe never used as much as it was in the past? I remember in the early 00s, the set was used really well and more frequently in the day-to-day episodes. There was scenes with numerous characters involved and it cutting from one conversation to the next with lots of supporting artists making the place look quite busy. I loved the idea of it being a greasy spoon - it's quite modern looking now.
Posted Image

Thanks Nick

Jamie Fowler
Member Avatar

I disliked Bradley's funeral.
Posted Image

Will Slater-Mitchell
Default Avatar

I'm waiting for the news of Jessie Wallace and Shane Ritchie's departures this year.
I no longer enjoy watching them, which is sad as I was a big fan of Kat.

The Other Slater Cousin
Member Avatar

Yeah I think it's just a matter of time. This Harry plot does smell like the build up to an exit line to me.

Probably for the best if truth be told. Jessie definitely needs out, in my opinion. Spread her wings in regards to roles a bit.
"I loved it in the Olden Days because you talked more. There’s more action now. You know, we would do scenes in the Rovers of me, Bet and Doris Speed with a cup of coffee each before we opened the pub, talking about absolute rubbish. But it was something, and it was what people do." - Betty Driver

soetmo
Member Avatar

WalfordFanatic
6 Mar 2015, 16:01
Why is the cafe never used as much as it was in the past? I remember in the early 00s, the set was used really well and more frequently in the day-to-day episodes. There was scenes with numerous characters involved and it cutting from one conversation to the next with lots of supporting artists making the place look quite busy. I loved the idea of it being a greasy spoon - it's quite modern looking now.
Why do they use that other cafe almost as much? That cafe has the feel of what the Bridge St one should be....

Will Slater-Mitchell
Default Avatar

The Other Slater Cousin
6 Mar 2015, 16:56
Yeah I think it's just a matter of time. This Harry plot does smell like the build up to an exit line to me.

Probably for the best if truth be told. Jessie definitely needs out, in my opinion. Spread her wings in regards to roles a bit.
Yeah it does have that feel of an exit storyline doesn't it.

Hopefully if it is, Kat gets some great scenes. I wonder what June Whitfield's character plays in all this.

But I think ultimately the character will be at the end of the line, her and Alfie.

MrJames
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by MrJames, 6 Mar 2015, 17:17.

The Local Butcher
Member Avatar

I can't decide whether Johnny's departure ripped the heart out of the Carters or whether he left just in time to not have has legacy tarnished by all this recent crap.
Warning: Posts made by The Local Butcher may contain sarcasm, frustrated expressions of fatigue in the face of Eastenders' neverending insanity, desperate and ill-conceived attempts to be funny, controversial opinions and nuts. Not necessarily in that order.

Leon
Member Avatar

The Local Butcher
6 Mar 2015, 18:07
I can't decide whether Johnny's departure ripped the heart out of the Carters or whether he left just in time to not have has legacy tarnished by all this recent crap.
His presence is definitely missed but I think so long as there is either Mick or Linda along with at least one of the children, bar Lee, the family will always work. More so with different combinations than others, though.

Swirly
Member Avatar

I have forgotten all about Johnny if I'm honest.

Cam
Member Avatar

The reason Sharon fell in love with them both.

Jamie Fowler
Member Avatar

I love Jay.
Posted Image

Slater11
Member Avatar

I miss Jean Slater, would love for her to come back with Olly full time and to see her beloved Stacey/Lily.

Slater11
Member Avatar

The Other Slater Cousin

I agree. I think it would be for the best if Kat left and took Alfie with her.

Jessie's great with musical theatre, so maybe she could go back to that in the scenario if she does leave EE?

The Other Slater Cousin
Member Avatar

Cam
6 Mar 2015, 18:40
The reason Sharon fell in love with them both.

Oh, Grant.

*Swoons*
"I loved it in the Olden Days because you talked more. There’s more action now. You know, we would do scenes in the Rovers of me, Bet and Doris Speed with a cup of coffee each before we opened the pub, talking about absolute rubbish. But it was something, and it was what people do." - Betty Driver

John Boy
Member Avatar

Slater11
6 Mar 2015, 20:37
The Other Slater Cousin

I agree. I think it would be for the best if Kat left and took Alfie with her.

Jessie's great with musical theatre, so maybe she could go back to that in the scenario if she does leave EE?
I would miss Jessie if she left the square.

However I do agree she is very talented and versatile. I loved her portrayal of Elsie Tanner in 'The Road to Coronation Street.' I would have loved to have seen her in 'Fings ain't what they used to be.' The reviews were very good. ;) [edit_reason]titivating[/edit_reason]
Edited by John Boy, 7 Mar 2015, 00:25.

WalfordFanatic
Member Avatar

I still fail, to this day, see the point of Peggy's return during 30th anniversary week. I gather she's in on the secret that Kathy is still alive but I don't understand why she's back in the UK because of it (unless there's more to come, of course). At the moment, I simply think Peggy's brief and random appearance for the anniversary was a simply for a nod to the past and to keep Babs happy and let her know "the door is always open" but it's actually did NOTHING story-wise.
Posted Image

Thanks Nick

9 users reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · EastEnders Current & Future · Next Topic »
Add Reply