Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Walford Web, the online home of EastEnders' discussion since 1997. We cover EastEnders news, discussion and spoilers. Join the discussion and make your voice heard! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're wondering what EastEnders is, click here to see what all the fuss is about.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic EastEnders; Repeats showing on Drama soon.
Topic Started: 16 Jun 2018, 09:44 (4,943 Views)
I hope she bites ya!
Member Avatar

Looks like classic EastEnders episodes are going to be shown on the Drama channel. If so about time!

https://drama.uktv.co.uk/shows/classic-eastenders/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Glorificus
Member Avatar

I hope she bites ya!
16 Jun 2018, 09:44
Looks like classic EastEnders episodes are going to be shown on the Drama channel. If so about time!

https://drama.uktv.co.uk/shows/classic-eastenders/
Fantastic news! Drama probably saw the success Classic corrie is having on itv3 and the positive feedback it's having from fans.

I hope they follow the same pattern and show two eps a day after 9pm though, I can't be dealing with the edits that will mostly be happening if screened during the day. It's even started with corrie on itv3, this will be a particular problem especially during the early years, slurs, racist language, homophobic abuse, graphic images, (donna's death) were quite frequent. "Bastard" was used a lot, Ali and Mehmet were called "that greasy turk" by many characters.
Nick Cotton will be problematic too as he regularly abused residents with offensive slurs.

I don't think UK Gold removed bad language but they did edit end credits. I really want to see 1988 again, haven't seen it in a while but it was my fav year of the 80s.
Edited by Glorificus, 16 Jun 2018, 23:57.

SteveOwen
Member Avatar

Fabulous news.

Sarah Hills
Member Avatar

Is their idea of ''classic'' EastEnders going to be to start from February 1985 or in the middle of 2001? I really hope not the latter
Seems right somehow that today of all days you should lose your job agaaaaain!

Startedin2014
Default Avatar

When exactly will this start?

Glorificus
Member Avatar

Sarah Hills
16 Jun 2018, 14:58
Is their idea of ''classic'' EastEnders going to be to start from February 1985 or in the middle of 2001? I really hope not the latter
I forgot about that, hopefully it will start from day one, but knowing them I wonder if Drama will start from Feb 90 when Grant/Phil joined. That was EE's fifth anniversary and the episode was mostly Steven's christening. Itv3 started with Alan Bradley's first appearance.

Sarah Hills
Member Avatar

Glorificus
16 Jun 2018, 15:11
Sarah Hills
I forgot about that, hopefully it will start from day one, but knowing them I wonder if Drama will start from Feb 90 when Grant/Phil joined. That was EE's fifth anniversary and the episode was mostly Steven's christening. Itv3 started with Alan Bradley's first appearance.
They might also start at an early point in the shows history and then skip forwards many years,missing a lot out, they have done this with the Bill and it pissed a lot of people off.

SteveOwen
Member Avatar

Sarah Hills
I’d define Classic EastEnders as 1985-2005, but I hope they show every episode up until the 30th anniversary personally.
Edited by SteveOwen, 16 Jun 2018, 16:29.

soetmo
Member Avatar

Exciting!! Classic Corrie started with 1987.

Where did Uk Gold get to when it ceased showing EE?

Startedin2014
Default Avatar

Does anyone know WHEN this is going to start?

witchboy
Member Avatar

i would think that most fans would prefer to start at the beginning and show every episode. I'd hope they wouldn't skip the 80s and go straight to Phil's era, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
It's still good news either way.
Posted Image

Startedin2014
Default Avatar

I'm excited for this, but I want to know WHEN this is happening

BumbleSquat
Default Avatar

Ideally they should be starting from the beginning and leaving it all uncut. But either way, I'm excited because we can watch and discuss the old episodes together now - something I've been a tad jealous that die-hard Corrie fans were able to do with the ITV3 repeats.

Sarah Hills
Member Avatar

BumbleSquat
17 Jun 2018, 09:47
Ideally they should be starting from the beginning and leaving it all uncut. But either way, I'm excited because we can watch and discuss the old episodes together now - something I've been a tad jealous that die-hard Corrie fans were able to do with the ITV3 repeats.
Yes there will be a new episode discussion thread now, to discuss the old episodes as they air :happydance:

BigApe
Default Avatar

Don't get your hopes up. They will either start during more recent era than 1985 or start at 1985 but eventually skip. And the episodes will be heavily edited.

Sarah Hills
Member Avatar

BigApe
17 Jun 2018, 23:18
Don't get your hopes up. They will either start during more recent era than 1985 or start at 1985 but eventually skip. And the episodes will be heavily edited.
yeah, this is my concern also

Den of Iniquity
Member Avatar

If it’s anything but the 80’s then it needs to drop the word ‘classic’

I’d be surprised if they don’t edit the vics background music. But if not, be great to see these in HD if poss

EastendersAlways
Member Avatar

can't wait for them to start

Shamelessness
Member Avatar

The classic episodes will be shown from 12pm on weekdays on Drama starting in August, and will also be available to watch on demand on UKTV Play.
Posted Image

Get Outta My Pub
Member Avatar

Shamelessness
18 Jun 2018, 15:21
The classic episodes will be shown from 12pm on weekdays on Drama starting in August, and will also be available to watch on demand on UKTV Play.
Do you know what year they'll be starting from?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · EastEnders Past · Next Topic »
Add Reply